could not believe what I saw!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redlessi, Mar 15, 2010.

1. redlessiWell Known MemberMember

Went to Petsmart yesterday to replace my honey gourami that died 2 days after I got it and saw the clerk in the fish department taking the fish out of the tank with her hands:;fru

She actually grabbed a scoop of fish and counted them off in her hand and put in the little cup thing to bag up:eek:.

So of course I asked why would you do that:;dk She replied like it was the most normal thing in the world, its easier to count them that way:;fru

I hate to see these things............... No wonder my fish died................

2. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Go to the contact area and make a comment about your experience in the store.

3. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Omg, why?? I would do as above. Does she really not know NOT to touch them? Even I knew that before I was a noob!

4. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I'd definitely report her.

Before we knew about the nitrogen cycle in the 1970's (yes, I'm that old), my father taught us not to touch the fish because of the slimecoat. That was back in the days when undergravel filters were the way to go in regards to keeping fish.

5. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

I don't touch my fish often but on the rare occasions when I need to catch the Goldies I'll grab them. Everyone else fits in the "scoop" cup.

6. David CWell Known MemberMember

I've also used my fingers a few times when transferring betta from the death cups to my tanks. I think being gentle and scooping them out is better than getting that nasty water into my tanks. I also treat for the possible slime coat damage but I would like to hope I'm doing it alright. Of course, I wouldn't trust an LFS to do this safely.

Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice