Could it be? Cory Eggs?!

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Ziggi, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Are these cory eggs?

DSC00637.JPG
    DSC00638.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00642.JPG
    DSC00643.JPG
    DSC00644.JPG
    DSC00645.JPG
    DSC00646.JPG

Sorry for the bad pic quality :(

If they are, should I move the leaf to my 10 gal? or will they become lunch for the other cory?

2. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

That looks like an egg sac from a pest snail, maybe ramshorn or pond snail. Cory eggs are a bit bigger and spaced out randomly, usually near the top of the tank.

3. Oso

Oso Well Known Member Member

you could always hatch them and see what pops out :D

4. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

I think they might be. Yes in the first picture they kinda look like they could be snail eggs. But if you consider the size of the leaf and the roundness of the eggs etc. I think it is possible.

I would take them out and put them in the 10 gal. However I wouldnt just put them in. I would DIY some sort of container to attach to the tank to make it much easier to keep an eye on them. Good luck!!! My lil brats must be all boys because they have never even bothered with breeding...lol..

5. OP
    OP
    Ziggi

So, for future reference, if they keep laying on plants, I guess I can just trim the leaf off, but as for the eggs laid on glass... are they just ... lunch? (as this entire batch became... very quickly)

[video=youtube;0Uglm0uEZSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uglm0uEZSc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

6. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I've tried several methods (credit card, thin piece of plastic, fish net) to scrape the eggs off without success.

I've recently read that to try a spoon by gently pressing on the eggs to get the eggs to stick to the spoon. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm waiting for my Cories to lay eggs again to try this method.

7. OP
    OP
    Ziggi

oh wow... that sounds ... scary but I'll try it next go around. We keep each other informed? :)

8. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice