DSC00640.JPG
DSC00641.JPG
DSC00642.JPG
DSC00643.JPG
DSC00644.JPG
DSC00645.JPG
DSC00646.JPG

Sorry for the bad pic quality

If they are, should I move the leaf to my 10 gal? or will they become lunch for the other cory?

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That looks like an egg sac from a pest snail, maybe ramshorn or pond snail. Cory eggs are a bit bigger and spaced out randomly, usually near the top of the tank.

tunastrack

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think they might be. Yes in the first picture they kinda look like they could be snail eggs. But if you consider the size of the leaf and the roundness of the eggs etc. I think it is possible.

I would take them out and put them in the 10 gal. However I wouldnt just put them in. I would DIY some sort of container to attach to the tank to make it much easier to keep an eye on them. Good luck!!! My lil brats must be all boys because they have never even bothered with breeding...lol..

OP
Ziggi

Ziggi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So, for future reference, if they keep laying on plants, I guess I can just trim the leaf off, but as for the eggs laid on glass... are they just ... lunch? (as this entire batch became... very quickly)

[video=youtube;0Uglm0uEZSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uglm0uEZSc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

AmazonPassion

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've tried several methods (credit card, thin piece of plastic, fish net) to scrape the eggs off without success.

I've recently read that to try a spoon by gently pressing on the eggs to get the eggs to stick to the spoon. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm waiting for my Cories to lay eggs again to try this method.

OP
Ziggi

Ziggi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
oh wow... that sounds ... scary but I'll try it next go around. We keep each other informed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom