could i put f8 puffers with small red clawed crab

1. joanne Initiate Member

dose anyone no if i could put a red clawed crab and a f8 puffer together in a brackish tank or would they not get on

2. joanne Initiate Member

dwarf red clawed crab

could i keep red clawed crab with figure of 8 puffers or would they fight ???????????

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

i'm no puffer owner but i dont think it would work.. the crab would most likely snack on the puffer :;dk

4. joanne Initiate Member

maybe your right or the puffer would eat him as puffers like to eat snails and clams ,thanks for replying :)

5. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

I'd think that the puffers would likely be the victors in that scenario, though I'm not sure.

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, I don't think the crab would have a chance.

7. nemo addict Well Known Member Member

this is not a fish for a begining fish keeper and will require extra weekly maintnance. they need a steady diet of snails or there teeth will grow so long they will kill it. they need a minimum of 20 gallons you cannot keep any other fish with it. Pufferfish are extremly aggressive they will eat fish twice their size, it could possibly eat the crab if not fed properly they eat twice a day and are very messy fish to keep , shame because they are nice looking fish ,,,

8. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

They wouldn'y fight....The puffer would eat the crab one bite at a time.

9. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

The two thread have been merged.

10. joanne Initiate Member

thanks all i think i will just get 2 puffers and leave the crab out i have now fully researched the figure of eight puffers and think there gona be great