Could I Put A Betta In This Tank

1. S

Schlemmer Valued Member Member

0b886ed51144c908f0491f2ad29c76d6.jpg
    Could I put a batta in this tank(10 gallon)? Right now it has 8 molly that are about an inch long that will be moved to my 55 gallon when they are bigger.

2. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

I'd recommend only putting the betta in once the other fish have been moved :)

3. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

Hi! Just had a similar question. :)

Don't put mollies together with the betta unless you want to end up 7 or less mollies instead of 8.

4. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

5. goplecos

goplecos Well Known Member Member

No the Mollies are be too active and large and will stress the Betta, so the Betta will become aggressive. IME some Bettas will do well with with small Tetras/Rasboras. Also that tank is has a lot of plastic plant which will tear the Betta's fins.

6. B

Betrayer Well Known Member Member

A 10-gallon would make a great home for a betta. I agree that you should wait until you move your mollies.

What material are the plants? You will want to be sure there aren't any rough or sharp edges that could damage a betta's delicate tail and fins. They also prefer a filter with a gentle flow.

7. OP
    OP
    S

Schlemmer Valued Member Member

8. a

ahmad.echols Valued Member Member

It depends on the betta most bettas arwnt fast enough to catch a molly but I still wouldn't recommend putting it in that small of a tank cuz it's way over stock