Could I move my 5 bloodfins to this other tank ?

OuiBonjour

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a heavily planted 20 gallon with the following stock :

- 7 Black Skirt Tetras (1 Black, 1 White, 5 Glo)
- 1 German Blue Ram
- 6 Khuli Loaches

I know it's pretty much stocked to its maximum capacity already, but since it's been stocked that way my water parameters always remained perfect (0/0/<5 - WC 30% each week, Nitrates never increase more than 5 ppm) and there is no aggression, does it mean I could add some more ?

It's not that I want to add fish that much (I'm pretty happy with it the way it is actually), but I have 5x Bloodfins that I need to get rid of from another tank (they're the last remaining fish in a 40 gallons that I want to convert in a Tanganyika Lake Cichlids tank and they won't fit in that environment).

I'm pretty sure my 20 gallon is too stocked to welcome those bloodfins, but I'm still asking in case I could avoid having to give them away to someone or my LFS.

(My girlfriend is sad about giving them away.... which is actually why I'm asking a question I'm pretty sure I know the answer to :p )

Crimson_687

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You could do it, but long term it may not be best for fish. It will require larger WCs, which may stress the fish and your fish May feel overcrowded. If there’s an immediate need for it go ahead, but try to get a larger tank.

OP
OuiBonjour

OuiBonjour

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Okay thank you. After thinking more about it, I think I will still give them away.

The harmony is too perfect in my 20 gallon. I had a lot of chasing at first but since I added the GBR and the White Skirt, they all chill together calmly. The Khuli Loaches don't even hide that move and they swim all around. So it seems like everyone feels safe and happy the way it is. I don't want to mess that.

I'll find someone for my bloodfins. But thanks for the reply !

Crimson_687

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OuiBonjour said:
Okay thank you. After thinking more about it, I think I will still give them away.

The harmony is too perfect in my 20 gallon. I had a lot of chasing at first but since I added the GBR and the White Skirt, they all chill together calmly. The Khuli Loaches don't even hide that move and they swim all around. So it seems like everyone feels safe and happy the way it is. I don't want to mess that.

I'll find someone for my bloodfins. But thanks for the reply !
You can post an add on Fishlore under the buy, sell, trade, free section. You may be able to find someone in your area or otherwise ship, but at least you’ll know for certain they’re going to a good home.

I hope wherever they go they’re happy!

New Threads