Could I have Lymphocystis? Help

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Disease' started by built4speed05, Apr 5, 2010.

1. b

built4speed05 New Member Member

Hello, unfortunately Im back again with another issue :( I bought I Foxface and a Sailfin Tang on Friday, put them in my tank and today (Monday) my Foxface had white cysts on his body and caudal tail. I thought it was ICH again but these look very different than ICH. I talked with my LFS and we determined that is could be Lymphocystis but after doing some reasearch Im not sure if it is Lymphocystis. Lymphocystis looks like cauliflower/warts and looks larger in size than what my foxface has.

My Sailfin looks stressed but does not have these cysts. My Clownfish and Saddle puffer are doing great with no signs of stress or cysts. All fish are eating and swimming as normal except the Sailfin Tang (He is hanging in a corner & is pailer than normal but is eating ok, so Im thinking the pH & alkalinity could be what is stressing him). My pH & alkalinity are low and I have treated the water to increase these parameters.

Is there anything else that my foxface could have?

2. nemo addict

nemo addict Well Known Member Member

Could be a fungal infection a pic would help

3. locoyo386

locoyo386 Well Known Member Member

My bet is on a type of parasite, if not Ich another a type of parasite. Without pictures it's hard to say.

4. OP
    OP
    b

I tried getting a good picture but I was not able to. My LFS and I are confused as to what it was. After posting literally 30mins later my Foxface had no more cysts at all! The only thing that you could see was a white splotchy patch on his side. This was also after I treated the water for low alkalinity so I was thinking it could have had a connection...? The next morning and as of now he is doing great with no white patches. My Sailfin tang died :( but I think it was low alkalinity.

5. locoyo386

locoyo386 Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear about your sailfin tang, and it was definetly not Lymphocystes, it would not have gone that fast. Well hope everything works out for you.

6. OP
    OP
    b

Thank you! Im having a pH and alkalinity issue right now (which Im having to treat daily until I figure out the problem) and everytime the alkalinity gets low my foxface will get the same cyst like bubbles (perfectly circle and white). I added 4 cleaner shrimp to my tank last Friday and I have seen them cleaning on the foxface several times even when there are no white spots but this has seemed to lower the reoccurence of the spots. Whatever the foxface has has not spread to my other fish. I def dont think it is lymphocystis bc it does not look like a wart/cualiflower bubble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice