Could I Have Just Males?

ASHLEY R COOK
I keep reading that people have just males apisotgramma in their tanks.
If I had two in a 30 x12.4 x22 would they do ok? Also anyone know which ones would get along best? Should I get two the same or different ones with different body shapes?

bruh
You probably could with caves and hiding places. Two different types (E.g Fire Red and Orange Flash) But having a pair is super cool. You'll get the pairing behaviour plus the best colours.

ASHLEY R COOK
You probably could with caves and hiding places. Two different types (E.g Fire Red and Orange Flash) But having a pair is super cool. You'll get the pairing behaviour plus the best colours.
If I get a pair won't they spawn and get aggressive or defensive?
I plan on having neon tetras and another similar fish (haven't decided) and juliI cory.

Mcasella
Mine weren't terribly aggressive, mostly just chasing the fish away from the area the babies were in (the male will sometimes help the female in this, mostly it was just my females doing full duty).

yukondog
I would go with M/F like bruh said, if there like my BorelliI you won't have to worry about fry because the male eats them all, I remove the male now when I want fry.

ASHLEY R COOK
I would go with M/F like bruh said, if there like my BorelliI you won't have to worry about fry because the male eats them all, I remove the male now when I want fry.
Yea. Since my tank cycled I stocked totally different and have a livebearer tank instead. Thx tho

Fanatic
I say you can, yes

Jellibeen
I am wondering the same thing. Right now I have one male. I don't want to have fry because I don't have room for them. Is it okay to keep one male, or should I get him a friend? Before my other two males died they seemed to hang out together. Maybe a male of a different species like someone said?

Mcasella
I am wondering the same thing. Right now I have one male. I don't want to have fry because I don't have room for them. Is it okay to keep one male, or should I get him a friend? Before my other two males died they seemed to hang out together. Maybe a male of a different species like someone said?
Males will kill each other, they do this over territory. Some males will not tolerate even one male in the tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
yukondog
Replies
Views
Celestialgirl
Replies
Views
yukondog
  • Question
Replies