could I get some wcmm?

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Could I get some wcmm? I got rid of a lot of guppies and platies and my tank looks very empty and I have been looking for wcmm but my lfs's don't carry them. I am at my grandmas and a lfs here carries them for a decent price. My tank averages about 74-78. Is that too hot for them?

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

minnows like no heaters in their tanks and like to have water temps changes with seasons (air heat only) all the other fish in your tank, need a constant 78F or around that....74 is way to low for the tank babies you have now..

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Ya, I know but I am going to get another heater soon, during the spring, summer, and fall it is 80 but it is falling down low during the night. My current heater has a bad wire and it is unsafe. What is the max temp for wcmm?

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

the fish you have, can get very sick from temps moving around all the time...it has to be a steady temp constantly ..a degree or 2 is fine for a change, but to not have a working heater in your tank, will set your fish up for ich and a bunch of other stress related issues..your minnows cannot go in the tank with the fish you have

5. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Ok, thanks for saving me from making a bad choice

6. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry but what wcmm?
    Just curios :)

Once again sorry if i hacked your thread

7. MaddieLynn Well Known Member Member

8. vtyou Initiate Member