30 Gallon Tank Could I Add Hillstream Loaches?

Megaanemp

Hello all,

I am planning future stick to add to my 30 gal. I am wondering if hillstream loaches would be appropriate for my tank and parameters. I’m seeing some conflicting info online about whether or not they need high water flow and their preferred water hardness. I’m also seeing conflicting info about what temps they need I’ve seen 68F-75F but I’ve also heard people say they do great up to 79F. The tank in question will have low-moderate flow in some places. The planned stock will have dwarf neon Rainbowfish permanently as well as some young Bolivian rams I’m going to add to grow out for a while. The tank may eventually house 1-2 Bolivian rams permanently as well. If hillstream loaches could work, how many would you recommend?

30 gal:
temp: ~76F
pH: 7.2
GH: 3-4

FishAndDoom

I wouldn't keep a hillstream loach in that tank. An ideal environment for them would be something like a hill steam (I guess the name makes sense, haha). High flow, high oxygenation, cooler temps.

Upvote 0

Megaanemp

I wouldn't keep a hillstream loach in that tank. An ideal environment for them would be something like a hill steam (I guess the name makes sense, haha). High flow, high oxygenation, cooler temps.
Ya that’s what I was kinda thinking. Thanks for confirming, I guess I’ll just have to make them a species only tank one day

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
Megaanemp