Cotton Wool Disease/ Fungus

Fishgirl1234

Hi there,
I apologise if something similar has been posted. Just wondering if any of my fellow Aussie’s have had any luck in curing what I believe is a fairly advanced case of cotton wool disease/ fungus?
My angelfish began showing signs of cotton wool disease, she developed a cotton like growth on her fin near her gill, which soon rotted her fin away, and now the other side fin has developed a tiny hole, however has noticeably less fungus then the other fin. I have been treating her for the last 2 1/2 - 3 weeks with Pimafix on advice from a friend who keeps large tanks. I have also turned up the temperature of the tank. My water parameters are always stable and always have been. I’ve been doing weekly water changes and redosing the Pimafix everyday like the instructions say.
It seems to have definitely slowed the process of growth, and even looked like it was helping the growths go away, but now it seems that it may not really be helping at all.
It’s very difficult to get different fish medicine in Australia, so I have bought the blue planet Tri-Sulfa tablets to give them a go. My fish has not shown signs of lethargicness or inability to eat, but I know symptoms like that can be uncommon with cotton wool disease. I will be moving her into a smaller quarantine tank to help better pinpoint her treatment.
Has anyone had any success with curing cotton wool disease? What did you use and did your maintenance have to change for it to work?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I feel no matter how much I’m trying to help my beloved angelfishs’ condition only seems to be getting worse.
I have attached the one photo I could get before her fin dropped off about 3 weeks ago. Please mind the mess, as that was from some bloodworms.

Attachments

• 57F5802D-D438-4941-8EDA-7C3C8C4CDC41.jpeg
    57F5802D-D438-4941-8EDA-7C3C8C4CDC41.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 38

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies