cotten looking stuff on gills

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
the molly in Buzz's tank died. I though it was prolly because they like to be in groups and he was the last one left. But now, I'm seeing some cotten looking stuff on Buzz's gill on one side. It's somewhere between grey and white in color. I added a jungle labs fungus clear tablet into his tank the day before yesterday, but it's still there. Any thoughts?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It does sound like a fungus (so you're treating it with the right stuff). No other symptoms, right? Sometimes it takes a little bit to see improvement.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If that doesn't work you might try Maracyn II
Carol

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks, Buzz seems to be doing okay. He looked like he maybe isn't breathing well, but he doesn't seem to be critical at this point.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Timesdragonfly said:
thanks, Buzz seems to be doing okay. He looked like he maybe isn't breathing well, but he doesn't seem to be critical at this point.
Glad to hear it, hope he continues to improve & returns to normal soon.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that can be a tough one...keep an eye on it and follow medical directions carefully. *crosses fingers*

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
well, it looks like I began to panic a little too soon, he looks good today. I removed 25% of the water and added another dose just to make sure.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
glas to hear they're improving... like poefox said, make sure to follow the instructions carefully and you should be OK

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Timesdragonfly said:
well, it looks like I began to panic a little too soon, he looks good today. I removed 25% of the water and added another dose just to make sure.
we've pushed that panic button ourselves a few times. Glad Buzz is alright. Do you plan to give him new tankmates after clearing out the fungus clear?

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think I'll get Buzz some ottos

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ottos are great tankmates for bettas. Buzz should accept them with no problems.

CherryRose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cool.. we're thinking of otos as Sora's new tankmates too.

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Buzz seems to be a little more aggressive than my other fish. If he has a porbblem with the ottos, i'll move him to live in the five gallon at work, and take Grim home to live in the 10 gallon. grim is bigger any how, and it would prolly be good for him

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Timesdragonfly said:
Buzz seems to be a little more aggressive than my other fish. If he has a porbblem with the ottos, i'll move him to live in the five gallon at work, and take Grim home to live in the 10 gallon. grim is bigger any how, and it would prolly be good for him
Betta-swap! really tho, i hope buzz gets along with the otos.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom