Cost of Cories?

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Colorado, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Colorado

ColoradoValued MemberMember

Hi all,

I really want 5-6 Cory's for a new tank. My LFS want $9 per fish--they are nice looking, good sized fish, but that seems expensive. I don't think they're super rare ones--false julii or a similar looking species. I know I can go on-line, but the shipping is very costly.

What are reasonable prices for Cory's in your experience? Thanks.

2. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

Dependant on the species really, some are 10-20 while for a false julii I would expect to pay $5 around here. If you want to cut to the chase and get quality fish with reasonable shipping, once you get 50 posts you can PM meber RogueAgent94, he can get alot of different fish, always been reasonable and shipping is fair. I pretty much only buy from breeders or suppliers like Rogue.

3. klutz10154

klutz10154Valued MemberMember

we now have 16 adult corys in our tank and the original ones cost about 4-6 each. the more different one's cost 8-10 each.

4. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

My Albino Cories were $1 each and my pygmy cories were $2 each.

5. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I think $3-$5 is to be expected for normal species.

I think You'd be able to get 6 on aquabid for less than $50.

6. Moneypenny1967

Moneypenny1967Valued MemberMember

Here in New Zealand the cheapest corys are about $8 each.My Panda cories were $13.50 in LFS shop but I saw them in Pet Shop for $18.Even with the difference in exchange rates you guy are lucky.We cant get Marimo Moss Ball at all.Its illegal to import them into NZ:(.A 19 year old female student was just convicted of trying to get some past "import police".Not sure if what the sentence was but I can involve hefty fines and jail time if you try this in NZ

7. Butterbean

ButterbeanValued MemberMember

I bought 5 pepper corys for 3$ each at petco. I don't like petco very much but couldn't find them anywhere else. They were very healthy, I had no problems with them and it has been about 3 months now.

8. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

I'll stick with my $2 LF peppers thanks lol.

9. scotty b

scotty bWell Known MemberMember

check out the store "about fish'' its a bit of a drive from the springs but they have good stock and $2-$5 corries quite a few types also., if you catch a sale they had bandit corries 10 for $10 last week and do alot of good random sales

10. OP
    OP
    Colorado

ColoradoValued MemberMember

Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback. I'm so eager to get them.

Hi Scotty, I tried to PM recently about buying some stuff, but I got caught by the "less than 50 posts" police. :) Once I'm a contributing citizen, I'll try again.

11. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

I shall be getting adolphoi corys for my tank when it is ready and they will cost £9 each but they are wild caught I was also looking at soda pop corys but they are £30 each.

My LFS deals mainly in wild caught so they are generally more expensive than everywhere else but I know they are healthy and safe for my tank.

It probably works a little different over here cost wise depending on which you like generally for the more common corys like bronze and peppered for example they can range from £3 to £5 each

12. scotty b

scotty bWell Known MemberMember

spend a bit answering questions and helping the community youll be to 50 posts in no time
    id really say check out about fish they have wild corrys alot better then the inbreeds youll find at most lps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice