Cost and Information on Setting-Up SW Aquarium? Question

1. VenomGrass Member Member

Hey Guys.
    This will probably healp many other users and google searches too.
    Few questions;
    • What is the besxt size tank to begin with?
    • What are the main things to research and read-up on prior to beginning the aquarium
    • What is the average cost for a first SW aquarium

Thank a lot! I know it totally depends on the fish, live rock etc.. but a general price etc will be amazing.
    :;thx

2. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

3. VenomGrass Member Member

Thanks Mike. Sorry for not browsing the forum - It's my lazy weakness lol. Happy holidays :;rudolph

4. nemo addict Well Known Member Member

Hi just a thing on cost i see your in the uk , one factor in the uk about cost of SW is the electric, due to very high prices here in the uk a lot of people have shut down there tanks , also water meters are also a big factor to take in to consideration in this hobby, i spend more in a month on these 2 then i do in food,salt,test kits,additives, It cost me about £1.50 a day just in electric to run my tank and lighting, This would be cheaper if i had a smaller tank and no corals , and i only have a 4x2x2 ft tank

5. VenomGrass Member Member

Ahh.. good point. I can get water for free as we have a government garage tap supposed to be used for gardening etc, but I can use for tanks ;) Electricity on the other hand... pfffttt lol

6. ATP Well Known Member Member

I would all so get an RO/DI unit because tap water is rich in nutrients which would cause multiple algae problems.

ATP,
    :;f:;fr:;fg