corys??

jenniwren

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI! this is my first post although ive been on the site before. I have a 10 gallon ( I know its small ) fully cycled with 2 bigger platys and 2 smaller. and also I am terribly mad with petco and petsmart.. and even worse walmart. my platys I got at petco all died ( after cycling my tank and daily care ) petsmart platys were a little sickly and walmart had dyed fish! ( I was disgusted and didnt buy any )so I'm looking for something else to my tank. I love corys and they are so cute! do you think they would be okay for my aquarium? thanks so much in advance! ;D

bbfeckawitts

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Corys should be fine for your tank. I recommend getting 3 so they are not scared. They don't need any special care, just at feeding time make sure that enough food falls to the bottom for the corys.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Corys would be great for your tank. They like shrimp pellets, veggie wafers, and blood worms. They will also clean up any flakes that fall to the bottom of the tank but cannot live on flakes alone. Happy Cory hunting
Carol

jj

Reaction score
I wasn't going to get any corys, then decided I would. I bought two three days ago, they are just so cute. I love having them, though stressing a bit whether they are eating or not. No signs of stress in their new home, one a bit quieter than the other. I am going to try frozen bloodworms later tonight...hoping the other piglets don't get them all first.

OP
J

jenniwren

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just got 3 albino cories! they are soo cute. and I think the last addition to my tank because of what size they will become. thanks! anymore advice for my little cories?

wolfman21

Reaction score
It is recommended to feed the bottom feeders (corys) at night when you turn the light off on the tank. They are nocturnal and will find the food with their barbels. They like algae wafers in addition to the other mentioned foods. They are so fun to watch, and can really be active little guys.

New Threads