Corys

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
what is your favorite type of cory? Adolfo's cory is my apsolte favorite but it is pricey :-[

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I love "em all. I can't decide.

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 4 Panda Cories and I love them! I also like the peppered cories. I got the Pandas when I realized I could not have Clown loaches due to the size of my tank. The Pandas have sort of similiar coloring and are fun to watch as they also like to be in a group!

MaryPa

Reaction score
Here`s my favorite and one of my oldest cories.
clear.gif

Manicivy

Valued Member
Reaction score
As the green cories were my first I definetely love them. I got my first panda cories a few weeks ago though and they are adorable!

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the pygmy corydoras. Specifically, the Pygmaeus. Adorable little guys

Osiris

Reaction score
I have some Sterba's cories and they are just too cute.  They are my favorites.  I also like the yellow laser cories.  The trilined look nice too.
Sterba's:
38.jpg

Yellow Laser: 
39.jpg

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like my new emerald's but Adolfo's are just too cool looking

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like pandas and peppered myself. I want to eventually get four for my ten g tank

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some pandas or some peppered corries. Does anyone know how big peppered corries get? I think pandas get to about 2 in.

Gwenz

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think around 2 1/2 to 3 inches long. Not quite 100% sure. I have had mine for 6 months and they are at 2 inches. PAndas remain at about 2 inches.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've got a 7.5gallon which I will be setting up soon for a betta. Which Corries do you think I should have to put in with him? (Panda or Peppered) And how many?

Thanks

Gwenz

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Whatever you decide, they are happier in a school of 4-6 and a treat to watch! I like the Pandas, they do remain relatively small and will be smaller as adults than the peppered! Very nice fish!!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks I think I'll get the pandas.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The pandas will be fine in a group of three and would be perfect for that size tank. Remember tho that Pandas are a little delicate and make sure teh tank is cycled before putting them in
Carol

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree! I started with 3 Pandas in my 20 gallon and just added 1 more but what is so fun to watch, the Pandas will "huddle" together and really enjoy the company of their own! Great little fish and 3 will be great with your Betta. They love frozen brine shrimp!!!!!!!!I don't give it daily, maybe 2 times a week and watch out! Pig Fest!

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Osiris said:
I have some Sterba's cories and they are just too cute. They are my favorites.
They r my fav cory also i hav 3

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Butterfly said:
The pandas will be fine in a group of three and would be perfect for that size tank. Remember tho that Pandas are a little delicate and make sure teh tank is cycled before putting them in
Carol
Thanks Carol. I was thinking of getting three. I was going to cycle the tank first (fishless). I'm setting it up tomorrow. Then I was going to putt the betta in a few weeks later after Quarantining him for a while.

Does this sound OK?

Thanks again
Gwenz

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
put the corys in first to let the betta get used to having friends

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks fish_r_friend .

Gwenz