Corys- What Do You Feed?

1. T

ToRo Valued Member Member

I will be getting a small school of panda corys and wondering what everyone feeds theirs. I have algae wafers and shrimp pellets already that I'm thinking they will eat, as well as probably some left overs from flake food and occasional blood worms from the fish. Thoughts?

2. Stanley C.

Stanley C. Valued Member Member

Minus the algae wafers, that's what I feed mine. They will readily take live foods as well. I toss some micro worms in a few times a week.

3. m

mollybabes Well Known Member Member

I feed mine the little pellets.

4. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

I feed mine sinking shrimp pellets. They love them. Occasionally I will feed algae wafers, they tolerate them, but prefer the shrimp.

5. C

ChiefBrody Valued Member Member

They'll eat anything really and if you have any other fish that are messy eaters you won't ever really have to feed them directly. Mine just sweep the tank all day and are fat n happy ac8af076e6e4d5f9e67e1bc24797946c.jpg

6. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

7. mclemente06

mclemente06 Valued Member Member

Mine are just babies, a little over an inch, and I feed them crushed up shrimp pellets and flake food. Flake food is good because cory cats can eat it at just about any size, but if they have tank mates they won't get a consistent amount, maybe none. It's good to mix some herbivore food in there too, keeps them healthy.

8. Mac's

Mac's New Member Member

Mine get plenty of live foods.
    Large assortment of sinking pellets, NLS HiKari Tete cory pellers and the list goes on.
    Along with rapashy gells.

9. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

My cories's main diet are shrimp wafers. Sometimes they catch some of the flakes or bloodworms or brine shrimp for the top dwellers.

10. Samuel97

Samuel97 Well Known Member Member

Mine get leftovers from the others (flake, daphnia etc), occasionally algae wafers and daily catfish pellets. They go crazy for the catfish pellets (attatched)
    image.jpg image.jpg

11. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

I feed my corys peas and flakes b003ea430ec460a1fab1c7d37442ce41.jpg