Corys Swimming At Top

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My cories are swimming at the top of the tank and seem to be gasping. I just checked the ammonia and it is just barely measurable. I am going to do a water change today. My wife thinks that they look pale. I just lost 4 rasboras in the same tank in the past 3 days. I am worried about the other fish in my tank.

Thanks.
1525994993621.jpg
1525995026056.jpg

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
endlercollector said:
So sorry to hear about your rasboras and gasping cories. Have you been able to check nitrites and nitrates? Is the pH still stable? How is the temperature? Have you don't a recent water change and/or added new fish, plants, or other animals?
No nothing changed. I do weekly water changes. Temp is at 79. All of my rasboras just randomly got sick. I just completed a water change right now. One of the cories is still swimming up to the surface but is not staying there as long. Could it just be normal cory behaviour?

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AQUA_LOVER said:
No nothing changed. I do weekly water changes. Temp is at 79. All of my rasboras just randomly got sick. I just completed a water change right now. One of the cories is still swimming up to the surface but is not staying there as long. Could it just be normal cory behaviour?
Cories do occasionally swim up to the surface just because they feel like it. But I'm concerned about your rasboras getting sick. You didn't add any new animals or plants in the last six months?

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
endlercollector said:
Cories do occasionally swim up to the surface just because they feel like it. But I'm concerned about your rasboras getting sick. You didn't add any new animals or plants in the last six months?
The cories were added 3 weeks ago. But were in QT for 4 weeks. I added a plant from another tank 2 weeks before that. As far as I can tell, the rasboras got sick suddenly and it spread through the whole shoal. The one that is left is looking for his buddies. The two rams seem fine.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AQUA_LOVER said:
The cories were added 3 weeks ago. But were in QT for 4 weeks. I added a plant from another tank 2 weeks before that. As far as I can tell, the rasboras got sick suddenly and it spread through the whole shoal. The one that is left is looking for his buddies. The two rams seem fine.
So your cories are now acting more or less normal?

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
endlercollector said:
So your cories are now acting more or less normal?
I guess. I am new to cories so normal is still relative. They are eating normally and I am sure that water parameters are fine after the water change.

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Keith83 said:
My corys swim around all levels of the tank at times. They all go to the bottom to feed on the sinking pellets. Try that and see if they do the same
Yeah, I was just being overly paranoid because of the rasboras that were sick in my tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom