Corys are not spawning or I Don't care what you think she's my date for the Prom

1. Stuart42 Member Member

I have three albino corys (1 male and 2 Female) and one bronze cory (female). The three albino have been together for about a year and the bronze was added to the tank about a month a go. All are similar size. I have seen some pre-spawning behavior from them but no hot and heavy T action.

Today I came home to find one of my Female Opaline Gourami snuggled in against the male cory. The look on the cory face was telling me "I don't care what any one else thinks, I am talking you to the prom."

my prom date.jpg

I tried to get a picture of his face but it kept getting washed out in the picture. I have posted the best picture I could get before they went there separate ways.

I guess I know where my male cory's love interest lie and why the male Gourami is being a little more bossy then usual.

2. celizabethh3 Member Member

That is so cute! :D

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

Show off taking the bigger girl lol. Hence why female animals are usually bigger he went full throttle into another species cause his females weren't big enough hahaha

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Aww very cute :)
    If you want your corys to spawn you'll need more males than females, bronze & albino are pretty easy to breed if you have the ratio right

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Hahaha. Are you sure it is a male ??? I'd say female !! Males "should" be smaller than females.

6. Stuart42 Member Member

DoubleDucth, The cory pictured is only about 2/3 the size of my other 2 albino cory. All three were about the same size when i got them a year ago. i will try and find a picture of "him" with another of my albinos that shows off the size difference.

The cory on the left is the same one in the picture with the female Gourami.

cory size compare.jpg

7. Falcon JJ Member Member

Nice plump cories! :happy0034:

8. Stuart42 Member Member

trouble on the dance floor or leave with the one you came with

Another picture of the male cory with his female Gourami date eying up a female cory.

Threes a crowd.jpg

Look like there may be trouble in paradise.

9. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Lol, the look on the gourami's face he's almost saying to the little male 'look buddy, she really wants me not you'

10. celizabethh3 Member Member

That's honestly the cutest thing ever. :3

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

11. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Ahhh no that's a male. Misunderstood............thought they all were the same size !!!

12. Stuart42 Member Member

Love him and Leave him or My Boyfriend's Back

Well I guess the love affair with the cory is over. i spotted the male and female gouramis swimming together.

my boyfriend's back.jpg

13. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Hahaha no Gouridoras for you!!! Nice Gouramis !!!

14. Stuart42 Member Member

Thank you for your compliments DoubleDutch. I also have a second female Gourami in the tank but right now the two females are a little out of sorts with each other and spend must of there time at opposite end of the tank.

15. Stuart42 Member Member

The Soap opera continues or The new Boyfriend

For those of you that missed the earlier episodes and are new to the story, a quick recap.

Male Cory decides to take a female Opaline Gourami to the prom

my prom date.jpg

While at the prom with his date he caught eyeing up a female cory

Threes a crowd.jpg

Later she is back with her old boyfriend the male Gourami.

my boyfriend's back.jpg

but little does he know there is somebody waiting in the wings (or in this case, on the algae wafer) to take his place as the new boyfriend

The new Boyfriend.jpg

16. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

Absolutely love that recap