Corys And Snails

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am getting a school of corys in my 25 gallon community tank. Is it ok to add my snail into the tank as well? I dont want the snail to have little to eat or scavenge on. It would be one snail and if not i can move him to my 10 gal.
Thanks

Kameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yea that should be fine. Snails eat algae while cories more or so find left over food. What kind of snail is it?

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Corys need their own meaty / protein food and not algae or leftovers.
So they're no competition to each other.

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mystery Snails actually need a fairly meaty diet, even though they are omnivores. I have corys and a mystery and once lights are out, I place a shrimp wafer or hikari sinking wafer near the mystery so she can chew on it

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ahhh thought we were talking about algae-eating snails. sorry !
DaleM said:
Mystery Snails actually need a fairly meaty diet, even though they are omnivores. I have corys and a mystery and once lights are out, I place a shrimp wafer or hikari sinking wafer near the mystery so she can chew on it

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
Ahhh thought we were talking about algae-eating snails. sorry !
I need me some of those algae eating snails, but mysteries are by far the easiest snail to come by over here. Nerites are a pain to get a hold of!

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks yall! i will keep the snail and just feed after lights out. should i feed them the same food or different types?

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks yall! i will keep the snail and just feed after lights out. should i feed them the same food or different types?

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
seth rodgers said:
Completely up to you. Mysteries also like the odd bit of zucchini, spinach, etc which also gives them a bit of calcium. But most of their diet should be meaty. They can smell food, so as long as you place the food next to them on lights out, they will find it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom