Corydoras

Sarahboone811

I need some decision making help! So I have a 20L gallon and I plan on splitting the tank in half with a divider, and on one side adding a small group of kuhli loaches and a betta, and on the other side a small group of Corydoras and a small group of some sort of small tropical fish (tetras, danios, minnows, undecided yet). My problem is that I have 2 albino corydoras currently, and know they are bigger than some species of corydora, so I was debating between just adding a few more albinos and having a group of them, or transitioning over to a smaller cory, like panda corydoras, so they ultimately aren’t crowded. But then I would still have the two albinos just mixed with a small group of panda corys. Should I just stick with albinos and get a few more or do y’all think they’d be too crowded in the split in half 20L? I know I could just not split the tank in half but I already have the betta as well, and wouldn’t want to stress him by putting him with too many grouping fish. What do y’all think?

Donovan Jones

I think you should do it all together and have a backup tank if the betta decides to be a butt. I'd do the betta, 6 kuhlii loaches, 8 habrosus corydoras and then add in a schooling fish like ember tetras or green neons, about 8. it might be a bit overstocked, so if it is do 12 pygmy corydoras instead of the cories and schooling fish. They stay more mid water.

Upvote 0

BettasAreSuperior

Wait.....20 long or 20 liters? Planted?

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Pandas aren't temp conpatible.
I'd go for the albinos. 6 will fit definitely.
They are more hardened.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

I need some decision making help! So I have a 20L gallon and I plan on splitting the tank in half with a divider, and on one side adding a small group of kuhli loaches and a betta, and on the other side a small group of Corydoras and a small group of some sort of small tropical fish (tetras, danios, minnows, undecided yet). My problem is that I have 2 albino corydoras currently, and know they are bigger than some species of corydora, so I was debating between just adding a few more albinos and having a group of them, or transitioning over to a smaller cory, like panda corydoras, so they ultimately aren’t crowded. But then I would still have the two albinos just mixed with a small group of panda corys. Should I just stick with albinos and get a few more or do y’all think they’d be too crowded in the split in half 20L? I know I could just not split the tank in half but I already have the betta as well, and wouldn’t want to stress him by putting him with too many grouping fish. What do y’all think?
I would only do pygmy corys as IMO, a 10g is too small for any corys (or kuhlis) other than those. Just my .02

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Owwww sorry 20L instead of 20G.
A 20 litre is too small for any Cory

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Owwww sorry 20L instead of 20G.
A 20 litre is too small for any Cory
No it's a 20g long, but I just think 1/2 of that is too small for kuhlis and corys.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

No it's a 20g long, but I just think 1/2 of that is too small for kuhlis and corys.
Then go for more albinos. (and plants)

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Then go for more albinos. (and plants)
I mean, if they are dead set on corys than do albinos or salt and pepper.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Albinos are 100 times hardier than the smaller.types. In with a Betta (more stagnant and warmer water) those are a better choice.

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom