Corydoras Temp Gradient

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FlipFlopFishFlake38 said:
What species? Some can, some can't. For example sterbai corydoras and bronze corydoras can live at those temps, while panda cories can't.
Huhhh 76-78F isn't that high to me.
I think it is a temp that is suitable for most Corys and would even dare to take the chance with Pandas.

reptilepaul93

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's a 20 gallon long, the substrate is ECO-COMPLETE, I don't have any Corydora yet

The planned tankmates will be 6-8 Corydora(a hardy species that can handle a 78 degree temp gradient.) and 2 Bolivian Ram Cichlids. That's it for stocking until I can figure out if I need a clean up crew like an Oto in the tank to deal with algae around my planted tanks, or if the algae levels are low enough and I can just substitute what would have been a clean up crew for a cardinal tetra school.

supersqueak10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I’ve had a 20 long running for about 2 years. My stock is a male and female Bolivian Ram, 6 Bronze Cory’s, 6 Forktail Rainbows. My temp is always at 78 F and I’ve never had an issue with any of them. This, of course, is just my personal experience. Hope it helps

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
reptilepaul93 said:
GBR's arent as hardy, that's my concern. This is my first fish tank ever.
GBRs are hardy, but the ones bred in Asia that are filled with hormones are not.

Try to look for the shorter, fat bodied fish will good colors, as the Asian strains are longer, thinner, and less colorful.

Bolivian rams will like cooler water. Around 72-74 is good. I'd go with 74 though as most cories do well there.

I would go with paleatus corydoras(peppered) and have neon tetras as your schooling fish(If you can find a reputable source)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom