Corydoras Panda Substrate

1. Mich Dazo Initiate Member

Hi, I am a beginner in Fish Hobby so i plan to buy some Corydoras Panda, I want to know if I can use a type of Substrate Called Sudo Suoro Uncolored Natural Soil with Corydoras. I have a Killifish and they don't have problems with this substrate.
    Here is the description of the Substrate not a good translation from Japanese

Star Pet Sudo
    Sudo Suoro uncolored natural soil

Friendly to the tropical fish shrimp, soft water environment will be realized.
    If you are suitable for water quality maintenance of soft water at weakly acidic, to help the healthy development of aquatic plants, tropical fish, shrimp.
    In addition, absorption evil driftwood, it is soil that purifies breeding water.
    When water injection, it is recommended that it is water-filling and spread the plastic on top of the soil soil to prevent Maiagara.
    Physical properties of silicon dioxide 46.90% and chemical composition of the product
    Aluminum oxide 21.00%
    Calcium oxide 2.10%
    Magnesium oxide 1.90% 25 ± 5% moisture content
    PH weakly acidic particle size 4-2mm The aim of the usage
    30cm water tank capacity 12L = 3kg
    45cm water tank capacity 35L = 6kg
    60cm water tank capacity 56L = 8kg
    90cm water tank capacity 157L = 24kg

Attached Files:

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)
    I've never heard of that substrate but if it's a soft soil then it should be fine for corys.
    You could always cap it with a layer of sand but over time the corys will mix it in.

3. Mich Dazo Initiate Member

Yeah this is Japan Brand Substrate and this is the best and affordable i could find here in Japan.

Thanks for the fast reply, hope this will go will with the Corys

4. cichlidman Well Known Member Member

i think they will do just fine in it

5. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

As long as the granules are not sharp, your cories should be fine. :)

Tags: