Corydoras julii parade

Electrotech

My Juliis decided to have a parade around the tank while I was doing weekly water change. Thought it was cool.

FishIord

Love the tank how big is it. Just curious it looks to be about I 40 breeder is it.

Electrotech

Love the tank how big is it. Just curious it looks to be about I 40 breeder is it.
It’s a 75 gallon

FishIord

Oh wow it looks really good

DoubleDutch

Those are C.trilineatus.
You might have eggs soon

Electrotech

Those are C.trilineatus.
You might have eggs soon
Interesting. The LFS sold them as Julii. So they are Corydoras trilineatus or "False Julii"

After looking into it I understand and agree. Sucks they LFS had them labeled wrong.

Coradee

Most Lfs label them wrong but in their defence they just put the name their supplier says, true C.julii are rarely if ever seen in the trade.
C.trilineatus are a lovely cory in their own right & deserve to be called by their name C.trilineatus not false julii.
You seem to have a very nice group there & I’d agree with the others, keep an eye out for more obvious spawning behaviour, chasing etc & hopefully you’ll have eggs before too long :)

Electrotech

Most Lfs label them wrong but in their defence they just put the name their supplier says, true C.julii are rarely if ever seen in the trade.
C.trilineatus are a lovely cory in their own right & deserve to be called by their name C.trilineatus not false julii.
You seem to have a very nice group there & I’d agree with the others, keep an eye out for more obvious spawning behaviour, chasing etc & hopefully you’ll have eggs before too long :)
Thank you

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
MisterSnuffles
  • Question
Replies
Views
KTshrimp