Corydoras identity update.

harleygrooo

Hello all,

About two months ago I had 6 of my Corydoras identified but we couldn’t figure out the exact species as they were young, we had guessed the smallest one was a Threeline Cory, and the other 5 were possibly Leopardus Corydoras. I just wanted to post an update on what they look like now. Excluding the three line as he hides to good, and then 3 look-a-likes.

The twins:

55CEFDA2-A51E-403E-B1E8-02F321F17F01.jpeg
The different looking one:

92392E69-2C83-4C11-A192-9EE7A30C9F68.jpeg
was wondering if it is also a Leopardus, it’s patterned and coloring are a bit different now that it’s grown.
Note: The first Corydoras are all about 2.5-3 inches or so. They’re a similar size to my Oldest Agassizii Corydoras, while the second picture is about 2 inches to 2.5 at most.

DoubleDutch

I think it is a C102 corydoras

Upvote 0

harleygrooo

I think it is a C102 corydoras
Both pictures or the second one? I’d like to get it some mates to go along with it if it is different from the other 5. And are C.102’s hard to come by if so. The second one has a different pattern then the other 5, it’s face is little zig-zag lines. While it’s body is only dots, unlike the 1st they’re dotted with connecting lines.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Woohahaha missed the second one.
Thought "What a terrible picture" cause I didn't notice the one in the back hahaha.
The first is C102 to me, the second one a C.trilineatus (headshape). I think it is a wild caught specimen.

Upvote 0

harleygrooo

Woohahaha missed the second one.
Thought "What a terrible picture" cause I didn't notice the one in the back hahaha.
The first is C102 to me, the second one a C.trilineatus (headshape). I think it is a wild caught specimen.
Thank you! Is that why it’s pattern could be a bit different than the normal C.tri? It’s side patters are random dots instead of the normal vertical line look I’ve seen others have. Would you recommend getting it friends or will it be fine with C102?

143D0C78-9185-431F-BF92-1B685DF76508.jpegHere’s that C102 with a photobombing betta. My girlfriend had to have female bettas haha! Now that my Corydoras tank is now organized better, totally didn’t buy another 29 to organize them by species out of their quarantine haha! Ignore thescratch, I accidentally scratched my tank when moving the draft wood ;-;

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Thank you! Is that why it’s pattern could be a bit different than the normal C.tri? It’s side patters are random dots instead of the normal vertical line look I’ve seen others have. Would you recommend getting it friends or will it be fine with C102?
C.trilineatus come in several shapes and patterns depending on the locality they were caught. Bred ones are more or less the same, so that's indeed the reason why I think it is wildcaught.

They will get along fine I think, though technically different species

Upvote 0

harleygrooo

C.trilineatus come in several shapes and patterns depending on the locality they were caught. Bred ones are more or less the same, so that's indeed the reason why I think it is wildcaught.

They will get along fine I think, though technically different species
I have 5 of the C102, are they hard to come by? I can get more of the C.Tri, now that I’ve cleared tank space.

Here’s two pictures of the C.tri, turns out he has two different side patterns! Ones more dotted, while the other side has vertical lines with dots.

E0CFD816-3C93-4D89-A574-3FA8319CA260.jpeg
5CB30388-D8DA-40DC-95BD-4F8A4115D52E.jpeg

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

It's your choice hahaha.
If you do I'd try to find some wildcaughts as well (though I am not fan of wildcaught fish). The bred trilis differ more to this one than C102 I'd say.
I they live all happy and healthy together I'd leave it. They look super !
But that's my idea !!!

Upvote 0

harleygrooo

It's your choice hahaha.
If you do I'd try to find some wildcaughts as well (though I am not fan of wildcaught fish). The bred trilis differ more to this one than C102 I'd say.
I they live all happy and healthy together I'd leave it. They look super !
But that's my idea !!!
I trust your judgement! My local aquarium usually updates me on wild caught Corydoras as Corydoras are my favorite so I usually give them a look. They all stay together so I’ll probably leave them together, he will just stick out more with his split side patterns! I’m still new to the hobby, but I’m slowly becoming addicted haha! I just moved my Albino and Bronzes over to my girlfriends kind betta tank, and will be moving my Sterbai/agassizii’s over the other 29 I just picked up instead of the quarantine tank since they got a week left. Just gotta get real plants and less purple sand since two tanks with purple sand is enough haha! At least the king betta has black sand.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

I trust your judgement! My local aquarium usually updates me on wild caught Corydoras as Corydoras are my favorite so I usually give them a look. They all stay together so I’ll probably leave them together, he will just stick out more with his split side patterns! I’m still new to the hobby, but I’m slowly becoming addicted haha! I just moved my Albino and Bronzes over to my girlfriends kind betta tank, and will be moving my Sterbai/agassizii’s over the other 29 I just picked up instead of the quarantine tank since they got a week left. Just gotta get real plants and less purple sand since two tanks with purple sand is enough haha! At least the king betta has black sand.
Yes you picked up Coryditis. No cure available.

Upvote 0

harleygrooo

Yes you picked up Coryditis. No cure available.
I blame my father, I grew up with a 75 gal with plecos, Oscar and Red tails. I got offered a great price for a 29 Gal and he recommended me these little guys as he used keep a large group of Sterbai ones when he first got into the hobby. So I went and got Albinos and Bronzes haha! Now I can’t stop haha! My girlfriend likes her bettas so it was a good mix thankfully, speaking of which this one wouldn’t get out of the pictures.
FCF413FD-1A2A-439E-9DCD-0F953392F381.jpeg

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
abb3yyy
  • Question
60 Gallon Tank Dying Cory catfish
Replies
Views
Papasmerf73
Replies