Corydoras Id Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishyFan2018

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Got these thinking they were pandas and they are so not pandas so need to know what kind they are so they can go in the proper tank. The one I know was definitely not a panda but looked so different than any I saw before I got it anyways (yes I know bad bad but figured better off with me where I can put him in a tank with correct perameters than in a noobie tank with incompatible tank mates). They are in my quarentine tank.

Attachments

OP
FishyFan2018

FishyFan2018

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Both interesting wildcaught ones.
My guesses.

1 C.elegans
2 In one way C.ephippifer jumps in mind (color) but can go wrong completely here.
Ya I have absolutely no clue. My fish guy just said that they came in as assorted so he had no way of knowing for sure. But they seem happy and active and so far healthy.

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Interesting! My LFS often has “assorted wild corys” but I certainly don’t have the identification skills to feel confident about buying them.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
First looks like bilineatus, with irregular spotting in inverse instead of clean dots of elegans.
With the other I wouldn't say schwatzi due to the lack of dorsal line (white in just about every one I've seen, including the ones I have). I'd say agassizii, but the pattern is too fine and has a clear line down the side in the last picture. Maybe melanistius? (@DoubleDutch ?)

OP
FishyFan2018

FishyFan2018

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
To be honest I doubt it is C.bilineatus (two lined) but think you are right with C.melanistius.
I was thinking melanistius for the black and white guys. Still not too sure on the other guy yet but thanks guys for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom