Corydoras Habitat/Stocking Help

MangoPineapple

Hi everyone, I have just recently bought a 10 gallon tank and need some stocking help. I am pretty much sold on having cory’s and I want to know what kind of habitat they prefer? I know they like sand but that’s pretty much all I know. Also how many cory’s can I get in a 10 gallon? I know they are a shoaling species so at least 6 but would closer to 8 be better? Could I have 8 cory’s in a 10 gallon? I also want it to be a heavily planted tank, what are some good slow growing, low light plants? Also I need some plant tools, any recommendations? Thanks everyone for your help!

carsonsgjs

With a 10 gallon you are probably looking at the dwarf corys only - pygmaeus, hastatus and habrosus. Any other cory species would be too big for a 10g.

In terms of low light slow growing plants, you can’t really go wrong with java fern, java moss, anubias or bucephalandra. Attach them to driftwood and provide plenty of cover and hiding spots.

MangoPineapple

With a 10 gallon you are probably looking at the dwarf corys only - pygmaeus, hastatus and habrosus. Any other cory species would be too big for a 10g.

In terms of low light slow growing plants, you can’t really go wrong with java fern, java moss, anubias or bucephalandra. Attach them to driftwood and provide plenty of cover and hiding spots.
Yes, I had C. Pygmaeus in mind for this tank. How many could I put in a 10 gallon? And thank you for the plant recommendation, I’ll look into those

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ksway
Replies
Views
Ljayb2
Replies
Views
Aquaticguy
Replies
Views