Corydoras Galore

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Carolyn Johnson, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

Hello to all the fish people. I have a question how many Cory’s is too many in a 29 gallon tank? I hatched several batches and now have 5 smaller ones and the parent. Plus 2 golden dojo’s, 4 kuhli’s, 2 panda Cory’s, 5 zebra fish, 4 tetras and a molly. The bottom of my tank is very busy. Thanks for the help

2. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

There is only one answer : get another tank. First sign of MTS btw

3. LynnwoodFishDadValued MemberMember

Your bio load is probably fine in the tank, but you’re definitely got a lot of fish in the same real estate. @DoubleDutch is right...time for another tank!

4. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

Yes the bottom of the tank is very busy.

What is MTS?

5. LynnwoodFishDadValued MemberMember

Multiple Tank Syndrome! Bwahahahaha!

6. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

Ok. I do have a 10 gallon I use for my fry when I have them. Been thinking about setting up another tank. Need to make a list of these initials and what they mean.

7. LynnwoodFishDadValued MemberMember

Beware! MTS is the single most expensive disease in aquariums! Haha!

MTS and LFS (Local Fish Store) were the two that took me the longest to figure out.

BB (beneficial bacteria) is a common one thrown around. Not too many others.

8. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

I could see it getting really expensive . Thanks for info

9. AntonianValued MemberMember

My Panda fry ended up with a grow our tank to free up my quarantine tank. No matter what you name it this is definitely an addiction!

10. Otocinclus13Valued MemberMember

Also GBR for German blue ra and CPD for celestial pearl danio. Those two had me confused when I started! Plus mts can also be malaysian trumpet snail!

11. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I keep getting MTS mixed up. Malaysian trumpet syndrome and multi tank snail ;)

12. Otocinclus13Valued MemberMember

We should make MST a thing... Multi snail tank. ;)Then we can really mess with people!

13. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

You do
    You do a fine job with that anyway. As long as I been coming on this forum I still have to ask.

14. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

My son lives near you in Tacoma. Never been there myself but he loves it. Are there lots of fish stores out there? I’m in TN and there only 2 privately owned ones and pet-smart. Not a lot to choose from.