Corydoras Feeding!

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by ariya, Jun 9, 2019.

1. ariyaNew MemberMember

So I recently got 3 corydoras (I’m getting more, because the person at the fish store told me 3 was fine, but I read somewhere that 5-6 was better), and I have the Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets.

How much do I put in the tank for 3 cories, and how often a day do I do it? The packaging said only as much as they can eat in a few minutes 3 times a day, but if that was the case I’d have to take out that tiny little pellet when it was barely touched!

Please help :( I don’t want my cories to die of under/overfeeding!

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

What kind of cory and in what size tank? Also does your tank have other inhabitants? You could drop 1-2 in and see how they do with that. Not familiar with that food never used it. Are the pellets about the size of a BB?. I used to use Aqueon pellets but i've since changed to Omega One and all my fish go crazy for them and they last longer once they sink so they don't crum up the water at all.

3. Pescado_VerdeWell Known MemberMember

I use the Aqueon Shrimp Pellets, approximately one per fish and only once a day. Nobody seems to be starving though I will say that the other inhabitants will go after them too so I try to feed the top water feeders first to distract them and then drop the pellets to the bottom for the Cory cats. I'm sure some of the flake food is reaching the bottom and the catfish are grazing on that too.

4. ariyaNew MemberMember

They’re in a 10 gallon tank alone! Before this I’ve only ever kept bettas, so I didn’t want to overwhelm myself by getting a bunch of fish I wasn’t familiar with :)

5. ariyaNew MemberMember

They eat the pellets, but it takes them a few minutes! I’d love to give you a comparison in size, but I honestly haven’t seen a BB in years, and can’t really remember how big they were!

6. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

About this size maybe O

7. CichlidTaiValued MemberMember

Just give them a pinch,No need to count the number of food I’d say; I was told clown loaches like to be fed more then other things,They’re fat now I don’t mind so long as they’re healthy