Corydoras Arcuatus

itsayes

Member
Calling all cory lovers.

I can't believe I've never seen these guys before and I haven't seen them talked about on fishlore either. Commonly referred to as skunk corys. C # C020.

Seriouslyfish has their temp range between 20-28 Celsius so I wanted to double check that with you all. I keep my tank at 78 so that seems well within their range. The typical recommendations on here for warm water corys are aeneus and sterbai. Also says they're some of the most common species of corys.

Whaddaya think? Any keepers out there?
 

BeanFish

Member
Havent seen one in my life altough they are sold online. I quickly looked around for temperatures in Rio Purus which planet catfish says its one of their habitats and it looks like they experience anywhere from 22-30 Celsius with 25-27 being the average. I have never captured them in the wild so this is just mere research.
I think 78 is fine.
 

Discusluv

Member
itsayes said:
Calling all cory lovers.

I can't believe I've never seen these guys before and I haven't seen them talked about on fishlore either. Commonly referred to as skunk corys. C # C020.

Seriouslyfish has their temp range between 20-28 Celsius so I wanted to double check that with you all. I keep my tank at 78 so that seems well within their range. The typical recommendations on here for warm water corys are aeneus and sterbai. Also says they're some of the most common species of corys.

Whaddaya think? Any keepers out there?
I was looking at those too, they have them at Wetspot. They are adorable corydoras. If you get some, make sure to take lots of pictures.
 

toolman

Member
Lfs had them once, I should of got some. Very nice cory, of course I like them all! Lol
 
  • Thread Starter

itsayes

Member
Just saw my LFS post a video of new arrivals on Facebook. They look great and would look amazing in my black sand! Going to check them out in person tomorrow.

Just lost one of my new rainbows though, so a little hesitant to add anything right away.
 

NavigatorBlack

Member
I kept them for a long time - 5 years or more. They are a very nice Cory - beautiful and easy - very adaptable. Fishbase puts them at 22-26 as a range. Seriously Fish is a site I increasingly can't take seriously about fish.
22-26 fits well with what Beanfish looked up.
 
  • Thread Starter

itsayes

Member
NavigatorBlack said:
I kept them for a long time - 5 years or more. They are a very nice Cory - beautiful and easy - very adaptable. Fishbase puts them at 22-26 as a range. Seriously Fish is a site I increasingly can't take seriously about fish.
22-26 fits well with what Beanfish looked up.
Adaptable to hard water and high PH? I'm stable between 8-8.2.
 

NavigatorBlack

Member
I was thinking temperature. It is not a hardwater fish, but I have friends who did well with them at a pH of 7.8. I had 7.4 when I kept them, and 140ppm water.
 
  • Thread Starter

itsayes

Member
Went to store to get them today. They had 4 left with 3 dead in the tank...needless to say I took a pass this time.
 

Discusluv

Member
itsayes said:
Went to store to get them today. They had 4 left with 3 dead in the tank...needless to say I took a pass this time.
Darn! I hate when that happens!
 

DoubleDutch

Member
Sorry to hear. Good decision !
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view



Top Bottom