Corydoras And...

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by klaivex, Apr 21, 2017.

1. klaivexNew MemberMember

I am setting up a 55 gallon tank with 2 Marineland bio-wheel Penguin 350's that is almost done with a fishless cycle. I do once a week water changes on my other tanks so this one would be on the same schedule.

I'm wanting to do mostly Corydoras, most likely 10 pandas, and a pair of bristlenose plecos. I also want to do some sort of small schooler but I know catfish and plecos are a pretty large bio-load already. I've been toying with the ideas of glowlight tetras, rummy nose tetras or Buenos Aires tetras.

What would be an appropriate school size to include that would not overload the tank?

2. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I would do 12 pandas, 2 BNs, 15 Buenos aires tetras, glowlight tetras or skirt tetras and 1 umbrella cichlid.

3. klaivexNew MemberMember

I did consider an apisto but have no experience with cichlids and wasn't sure if they would work. I'll look into that.

Thanks

4. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

You have loads of other options for a centrepiece apart from an umbrella cichlid. Some other ideas would be a bolvian ram, honey gourami, peacock goby.

5. klaivexNew MemberMember

I like the apisto idea. I'll have to see what my LFS can get.

6. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

There are reports of Cacatuoides not getting allong with Corys (especially Pandas) So be careful.

7. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Not sure about the peacock goby. For tetras, check out Colombian tetras, I will brag about mine forever. And I'm getting a Bolivian Ram tomorrow, so I'd impartiality suggest them.

8. klaivexNew MemberMember

Shame about the cacatuoides. I like their look.

I'm leaning towards a bolivian ram but other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  9. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Bolivians are the best. Good choice.

10. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Apistogramma borelli?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice