Corydora catfish

belarskio

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I know corys need other Corys but how much do they need? Will a pair of 2 do fine or do they need more?

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
belarskio said:
But will they be unhealthy/unhappy in a pair?
They will be prone to constant hiding. I used to own a pair of Corydoras and all they do was hide.

Oak77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
belarskio said:
But will they be unhealthy/unhappy in a pair?
My LFS said when I bought mine that there should be six but it's ok to mix them up. I haven't got mine yet due to pre ordering for my new tank. The ones I purchased are julie coryss and blue corys. I got 3 of each.

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I started with 3 c. trlilineatus and 2 pandas. The trlilineatus were were very active right away, and the pandas were also after mostly hiding for the first day or two, but I rarely saw more than two swim together, and mostly all singly.

I finally gave the pandas away and upped my trlilineatus to eight. Now they shoal at least as well as any of the varieties of tetras I have. They still wander around in ones and twos, but there's almost always a group of at least four together.

I'd highly encourage anyone to only get multiple varieties if you have enough room for a good sized group of each.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Majority of people dont have good social results with mixed groups. Your best chance at happy cories is a group of 6 of the same.

If your tank is large enough for more, you could up both groups up to 6 if youd like. Your "juliis" will actually be corydoras trilineatus, as corydoras julii is very very rare in the hobby. Trilineatus are a close look alike and are nearly always sold under the julii label.

Corydoras nattereri is nice (the blue cory). Not one i see around at all here. Its cute.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom