Corydora Breeding Project

Fellowmellow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well some of you might be able to guide me a little more with my ideas. It started when I started getting corydora eggs in my 10gallon I soon hatched them a good amount of fry if I do say so. But it's been nearly 4 whole days since they hatched in a floating tub of ware(in the parents tank/water) and I've done my water changes and all that good stuff but now I want to move them into there new grow out tank 5.5gallons. Heres my question if I move them to a new tank will it shock them to much? Can I remove the 5 gallons water replace it with the parents water?

Crazycoryfishlady

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
if you remove the water in the 5.5 and add water from their current tank, you should be able to transfer the cory kittens with no problem, the only real shock comes when water parameters change quickly.

Fellowmellow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
if you remove the water in the 5.5 and add water from their current tank, you should be able to transfer the cory kittens with no problem, the only real shock comes when water parameters change quickly.
Thank you for helpfulness in making my decision. I shall do a 50% or more water change from the parents tank and also drip acclimate the cory kittens

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom