Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

coryadoras

1. Big Red

Big Red Well Known Member Member

So I have 6 emerald corys in qt I plan on trying them in my 150 as a cleanup crew. They will be feed as well but main concern is a cleanup crew. What other if any can be with them? Tank temp is 78 80.

2. Grimund

Grimund Well Known Member Member

What other what? Cory? Cleaner?

3. j

jpm995 Well Known Member Member

There peaceful, very mellow fish compatable with most fishes that won't eat them. Since their bottom dwellers most would add some mid water [cardinals, tetras] fish and maybe top swimmers [hatchets].

4. Airth

Airth Valued Member Member

Cories aren't cleanup crew members. They don't really clean the tank aside from scavenging the substrate for leftover food. If that's what you're looking for then cool deal. =)

If you're looking for something to help with algae control, I'd look into a group of otos or a couple of nerite snails. Nerites will lay eggs but they'll be infertile. Their babies only hatch/ develop in brackish water.

5. OP
    OP
    Big Red

Well they will be scavangers for leftovers. Some may not agree but this is a test to see if my fahaka will handle tankmates. So ill try with a small shoal I have emeralds and otos in qt now just curious for what other kinds of cories could work or any other scavangers and algae eaters.

If they are harmed then I will remove them and take them back.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

What other fish do you have in the 150? Nothing?

7. OP
    OP
    Big Red

Just my fahaka puffer. I know they are not a communitty fish but ive seen them before with other fish. Although its rare it may work. Just need to know whatother corys school with emeralds or are they schooler of theyre own breed?
    If there are other fish that maywork I. All ears.

8. j

jpm995 Well Known Member Member

Wow i think the corys are toast, the'll be eaten right away. Big puffers are serious predators and any smaller fish or invert will be consumed.

9. Grimund

Yup. I can't recommend any fish with one of those. As I read on seriously fish, it was put best; "a success is when they don't completely kill everything" but will gladly take chunks out of things

10. OP
    OP
    Big Red

Possibly... I have researched this fish for weeks before getting it. And still do. I know there are risks hes still small so if I can get him use to them then I will have a better chance. Im going to try to find a scavanger clean up crew. Ive seen mbu puffer with fish all the time even a few fahaka.

11. Grimund

What are the dimensions on the tank?

12. OP
    OP
    Big Red

72 x 18 x 27 why?

13. T

Teishokue Well Known Member Member

you might want to reconsider. high % chance of other fish getting consumed. you shouldnt set fish at risk just because they're cheap. they have a life and get endangered in the world. dont risk a "seen before'' giv3e your puffer a fish only tank.

14. Grimund

To see if there was a potential for others to chime in. That seems to be the size for a single farahaka and nothing else

15. OP
    OP
    Big Red

Hes 4 inches long im running close to 2000 gph. I know the risk. And be getting a bigger tank no later than this time next year. Thanksfor answering my question.

Advertising