Cory

1. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I have a great looking Cory with interestingness patterns, I think she is temp compatible but I don't know, if she is. I have angel fish in the tank that I would like to keep in the same tank as her. I would not like to give her up, seeing as I have had her for two years, and she has survived through many diseases.
    Thanks!

Pebbles
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pine

2. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like false julii (c. trilineatus) and no, they aren't temp compatible with angelfish. False Julii corys like it under 75F while angels need it at 78+. If she is the only cory, I would rehome her or get at least 5 more as they are a shoaling species and set up a separate tank for them (at least a 20g).

3. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Plz comment

More

As I said, I cannot afford anything more than this, if I could I would, but I have to feed myself before I do anything else.

I want them to be comfortable, but nothing is free, so I will only make do with what I have.

4. hampalong Fishlore VIP Member

It isn't fair to the fish to keep it on its own. You should rehome it if you can't add more. :)

5. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I can't afford that, everyone wants a tank along with her, I don't have enough to do anything with her, sadly.

No place will take her, that's the problem, no one wants her...

6. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

Where did you get her?

7. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Do you have a LFS that you could donate her to? Many fish stores won't pay for your fish, but will take it no problem if you donate her. The fish is unhappy alone. They need to be in groups of 6 or more to be completely happy. Plus your temp is to high for this cory.

8. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I got her at PetCo

Rare for PetCo fish to live that long!

Am I right!
    Lol

9. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Corys can live 15-20 years, she's going to be a very lonely cory for a long time if you can't get her some companions or rehome her

10. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I will try to get another Cory, if I can afford it.

11. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

I like to think that the majority of fish can survive a long while regardless of where they're from, given they are properly taken care of.
    I had a goldfish that I got from an awful walmart tank..and he lived for 10 yrs..before I knew ehat I was doing

12. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Yes!!!:) :) :) ;)

13. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

But I do recommend taking him back until you research a little more about them and can give them the proper number of groups for all of your fish.
    Still worried about your angels :(

14. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Got other Corys

So tiny yay

Hey wassup