Cory With White Patch/ulcer/abrasion

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looks like he got hurt on something inside your tank, or he may of gotten stuck somewhere. Don't worry about it too much, it will probably heal up on its own, but to be on the safe side do one of the two if plausible.
1. Quarantine the Cory and treat with some Melifix or 2. Treat the tank he's currently in with Melafix, but before you do be sure to take out your activated carbon.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Poor little guy. : ( Think you'd better closely monitor him during his healing process; make sure he's eating well ok? Melafix is good stuff.

gumshoe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I forgot our quarantine tank is being used atm. There was one sharp object but I since removed it. I will do a WC for optimal water quality in the morning and treat with melafix.

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Unsure if this will help or not. This was my cory almost a month ago or so.
20180214_083853.jpg

I can post a new photo of her in the morning. There is now no signs that, that had ever happened to her. I can post a photo if you like when I get home? I know for a fact now that it was the plastic pink plant in the background.

I used Jungle Fizz Tabs, but they didnt seem to really help the issue? (I actually had to do a water change within 2 days because the fizz tabs had somehow kill my plants.)

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
gumshoe said:
Wow! The plastic plant? That's a surprise. Good to know that she's doing better though. So looks like just wound then. Not bacterial or fungal.
Yes the plant was plastic. I have switched to all natural plants now. Only reason why I knew it was the plants was because it took out my betta sadly. I found her dead stuck in it when I came home from work one day.

Lesson learned. Plastic = bad. Everyone always says that without an real proof.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
gumshoe said:
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I forgot our quarantine tank is being used atm. There was one sharp object but I since removed it. I will do a WC for optimal water quality in the morning and treat with melafix.
Yeah that would be the best thing, but again like I said, don't worry about it too much. It happens to all fish, they get injured all the time and they almost always bounce back in a week or so. Treating with Melafix would be your best solution though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom