cory w usd 55 Gallon Tank 

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
will all corydoras school together like albinos w peppered and so on and would the school w my usd cat

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My guess is "yes" they would. But, never tried it, wouldn't know for sure. All I know is you can get a ton of different kinds of mollies or platies and they will all group up, try to breed, school, w/e. They are the same species, just different colors.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes, cories of different colors/types will school together. As an example, my lone albino cory now schools with his new panda cory friends (he ignored them at first because they're about half his size).

No, cories and USDs WILL NOT school together. I have the cories (six total) and I also have one upside down catfish...the cories max at 2"...my USD is almost 5" and I don't think he's done growing yet. EVERYTHING in the tank avoids the USD cat like the plague, even the kuhlis (if he swims up, they run and hide) and the fearless, piggly-wiggly platies (they scatter when he comes to investigate at feeding time). The poor little cories take on look at him and run the other way (the pandas are only about 3/4" long right now).

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My julii & pandas school together, but no experience with the USD, sorry!!

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bassbonediva said:
Yes, cories of different colors/types will school together. As an example, my lone albino cory now schools with his new panda cory friends (he ignored them at first because they're about half his size).

No, cories and USDs WILL NOT school together. I have the cories (six total) and I also have one upside down catfish...the cories max at 2"...my USD is almost 5" and I don't think he's done growing yet. EVERYTHING in the tank avoids the USD cat like the plague, even the kuhlis (if he swims up, they run and hide) and the fearless, piggly-wiggly platies (they scatter when he comes to investigate at feeding time). The poor little cories take on look at him and run the other way (the pandas are only about 3/4" long right now).
wow mine must just be a babe then hes almost 2 inches but he hides all the time comes out to eat then hide in his cave :-\

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
When I got Alistair (at Walmart of all places), he was only about 3/4" long (about the size my panda cories, peppered cories and German blue ram are right now). That was back in October. HOWEVER, I am almost thinking that he's not a pure USD, but rather a USD/featherfin hybrid. He has characteristics of both, including the coloring of the featherfin and the high, feathery fins, but the tendancy to swim upside down at times that's hallmark of the USD. He actually looks EXACTLY like the featherfins my Petsmart sells.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
what color is yours mines like brown leopard spotted ....when i get to see him

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wish I could get a picture of the little bugger, but he is very reclusive and when he does come out, he stays back behind the biggest piece of driftwood in the tank (which is HUGE). He will swim out into the open every once in a great while and "patrol" the front of the tank, and when he does so, he swims right side up like a non-upside down catfish.

He looks a bit like this, but he's about 5" long and thicker through the body:

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea that is what mine looks like but his color is darker ive been told they school upside down better than by them selves as a deffence

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads