Cory Too Skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
it might be big enough but do you have anything with a bigger bottom? if not then its fine. if you rise it off just to make sure there isnt any dust or whatnot on it then it should be fine. it shouldnt need to be covered unless you have cats. net him as you would normally do (you maybe overthinking just a little )

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Right. More suitably-bottomed container is ready to go. I’ll update when the cory is actually in there.
(Edit) And thanks for fielding my endless questions.
268C5F49-A95E-48F1-A0D9-6C1B5938A39B.jpeg

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay, he’s in there. Just sitting at the side looking terrified, but it has only been about thirty seconds.
(Edit) He’s breathing very quickly.

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
haha really? ive never seen them from above since im usually too short to do that
I don’t usually see him from above either, because he’s usually hiding under something. It’s adorable.
3622B141-C708-4E38-9D93-F5BF8C7A9249.jpeg
He’s staring at himself in the mirror.

He moved! (And promptly ignored the food, but close enough, right?)

The temperature of the water in the container has gone down by about 3 degrees since I added it. Should I add more warm water to raise it, or will the cory be fine? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I might stop it from falling so he doesn't get a shock when you return him to the tank.

If the container is plastic would it float in the tank to help stabilize the temp?

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I might stop it from falling so he doesn't get a shock when you return him to the tank.

If the container is plastic would it float in the tank to help stabilize the temp?
I’ll do that, then.
It might float? I’ll try.

The answer is a resounding “sort of, but at least it’s stable.”
4509B2F7-4824-45B9-858B-C31CEFAE1DCA.jpeg
(Also a resounding “oops I left the flash on”, in addition to a resounding “I’ll be up till three tonight, won’t I.”)

Last edited by a moderator:

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well at least it won't fall in.

I don't know what your house temp vs tank temp is, so maybe I am overly cautious about the temp gap, but I figure the poor fella has enough stress. (My tank's up to 15 degrees warmer than the room it's in so it would have been a big shock over here.)

I feel bad for him. Has he eaten anything?

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well at least it won't fall in.

I don't know what your house temp vs tank temp is, so maybe I am overly cautious about the temp gap, but I figure the poor fella has enough stress. (My tank's up to 15 degrees warmer than the room it's in so it would have been a big shock over here.)

I feel bad for him. Has he eaten anything?
Not yet. I don’t know what that means. Some disease leading to loss of appetite? He’s actually been getting some food in the main tank this whole time and I’m worried for nothing? He’s just stressed with the move to the container and will eat soon? (I’m hoping it’s either of the latter options, obviously.)
My temp gap is about the same as yours, but the little dude does seem to be fine, temperature-wise. (He’s at 64 now, the main tank is 66.)

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He just spent about thirty seconds zooming around the container and attacking his food, and then settled back into his corner. What in the name of the holy sky cory is the little dude doing?

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish you luck. Keep us updated. We're rooting for him.

Huh. He seems to be keeping you guessing! Moving and recognizing food is good though.

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wish you luck. Keep us updated. We're rooting for him.
Thanks. He does seem to have just eaten, at least. (? Maybe? It was hard to tell with the general hyperactivity in there for a bit.)

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
All right. The cory definitely ate. He also tried to escape the container into the tank a few times. I’m moving him back into the main tank now, given that he seems to really want it. I’ll acclimate him by slowly adding tank water to his container until the temperature adjusts, and then move him back in.
On the plus side, I forgot we were changing the clocks tonight, so it’s only two and I can go to bed! (Yay.)
Thanks, y’all, for your help with the little dude. G’night.

OP
corywand

corywand

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The poor little guy is breathing really quickly and looks terrified, but he is in the tank. He’s hiding now. All seems well.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
haha it seems ive missed a bit. although im glad the cory ate something, if the temp does down its a good idea to raise it a bit since it will stress him a bit. he love keeping you on your toes it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 6 16.2%

Top Bottom