Cory Story - Happy now

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by betta-cat, Feb 23, 2008.

1. betta-cat

betta-catValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Some time ago I posted a question about what kind of cory I had in one tank, spotted with long fins. Someone answered that it looked like a long-finned pepper cory. I'm going with that idea. Anyway, I've been upsizing my tanks (imagine husband rolling his eyes ...again). My platies moved into a 20 gal from a 10 gal. The guppies moved into the 10 gal. The two corys I had in with the guppies moved in with the platies to the 20 gal. My long finned fellow was still in the 10 gal (following this so far?). So, when I was 'fishing' out the final group of platies (I took a couple of weeks to gently move them over), the little long-finned fellow became very, very agitated. He didn't calm down again until I put some guppies in to keep him company! I decided to try him with the two in the platy tank, which I 'think' might be peppered. Whatever they are, the only difference in appearance is the length of the fins. While he was in the bag, the other two swam up to investigate. After letting him go, they all spent a bit of time checking each other out, sitting on each other, moving up and down the back and fins with their barbels. Now the three of them are as cozy as can be.

I have two new and tiny little albino corys in with the guppies. They are having the time of their life chasing each other up and down and around the plants and rocks. My tetra tank has two albinos and a green, all three buddies. Corydoras are a fabulous group of little fish, lots of personality and spunk.

I thought I would share this story with you. If I didn't believe that corys love and need company before, I sure believe it now. Long fin was very unhappy alone in his tank, and let me know in no uncertain terms. He's back to winking at me.

2. susitna-flower

susitna-flowerWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    ;) Good Story, thanks.

3. Drea

DreaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Awwwww....they are fun to have, and they do love to play around and snuggle

4. Blub

BlubWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +41
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Hi!:;f

Aw. My Sterba's are like that - although they're more decorative than active half the time...

5. Butterfly

ButterflyFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +118
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    cool! Thanks for sharing that with us.
    Most bottom dwellers need something swimming around over head to tell them alls with the world. If they are missing or agitated the bottom dwellers know something is wrong.
    Carol