Cory rolled?!

342down

Hey, everybody,

So my peppered cory cat, Corey, was swimming along in the tank today, and then all of a sudden she "rolled" on her side, 180 degrees, very rapidly, and then back; she did this two or three more times in a row. Then, she stopped, and since then she hasn't done that again. Water parameters are fine, the bottom of the tank is clean, and she doesn't look ill at all, but just... does anybody have any idea what happened?! This fish has no history of sickness, and I've never seen her do this before.

meanddoxie

Mine act weird sometimes but I have albino... hopefully someone knows what your talking about! I would keep an eye for ICH or a skin issue developing, maybe she is itchy? Otherwise, just enjoy her new trick and tell her to roll over

alink

The term you are looking for is 'flashing'. Fish will do this for a number of reasons. Sometimes its just an itch or playing, other times it can be ammonia/nitrite, other times it can be gill flukes/ich/etc. Just keep an eye on them and watch for anything else that isn't "normal". Could very well be nothing, so don't panic and don't go treat the tank for something.

342down

Alright, thank you very much for the explanation. I've never seen her do that, so it had me very concerned. Glad to hear that it's most likely nothing. I'll be sure to keep monitoring her, though, just in case.

DoubleDutch

Never want to scratch your back???? But indeed keep an eye on things !

342down

Never want to scratch your back????
lol! I just never knew that fishies get itchy. Welp, now I know.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BusterBot28
Replies
Views
342down
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
10 Gallon Tank Corydoras unknown death
Replies