Cory Red Dot On Belly

Nikki2577
My pigmy Cory was swimming a little erratic so I put him in quarantine, upon further inspection I noticed this small red dot on his belly. Could anyone tell me what this may be?

Nothing new added
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20

Planted tank- 40 gallon breeder

Filter- aquaclear 110, large sponge filter, small sponge filter.
Temp 78

Housed with bronze corys, albino cories, panda cories, 3 juvenile mollies and 2 SAE, 1- 4” Golden Nugget pleco.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cichlid4life
photos would be great.

Nikki2577
Sorry forgot to upload it.
IMG_1036.jpg

cichlid4life
that is one pygmy for sure but is the red spot on the under he pectoral fin or am I seeing the picture wrong?

Nikki2577
Yes that’s it

I am doing a water change on the tank now.

cichlid4life
HMM, I don't know much about what it may be, DoubleDutch do you know perhaps?

Nikki2577
One that is closer
IMG_1037.jpg

cichlid4life

upload_2018-9-15_13-3-26.png so I have highlighted the red spot for you
upload_2018-9-15_13-3-26.png

Nikki2577
Thank you and that is what I see. He is swimming ok in quarantine but mostly still.

cichlid4life
anyone else wanna try? Coradee ?

Nikki2577

IMG_1079.jpg

r5n8xaw00
I did some research and found this....
Red Blotch Disease In Corydoras Catfish

Nikki2577
Ok so I guess the only thing that maybe had changed would be the ph during a water change? I have the correct sand substrate and I do my weekly water changes with half deep gravel vac each week then the other half the next week. I do vac the top of the gravel every water change.

I guess my question would be is do I keep him in quarantine? I do not have the meds they suggested is there anything else I should use or should I put him back in the main tank after this water change and keep an eye on him?

I did some research and found this....
Red Blotch Disease In Corydoras Catfish

Thank you for researching this he is in his quarantine box with an air stone for now.

r5n8xaw00
Thank you for researching this he is in his quarantine box with an air stone for now.
Your Welcome.....:smug:

DoubleDutch
A quite bloated C.habrosus (Salt & Pepper).
Possibly an internal bacterial issue.

Nikki2577
Paraguard? Or is that only for external?

Nikki2577
Just wanted to give an update, I really don’t know what happened to my Cory but I kept him in quarantine and observed him and the red dot went away and he was swimming normal so I put him back in his tank and he seems to be doing great

Again thank you for your help.

DoubleDutch
Just wanted to give an update, I really don’t know what happened to my Cory but I kept him in quarantine and observed him and the red dot went away and he was swimming normal so I put him back in his tank and he seems to be doing great

Again thank you for your help.
That's really great Nikki.
Could it have laid eggs ?
I was never succesful keeping C.habrosus.

Nikki2577
There are eggs on the glass but I have no idea if all Cory eggs are the same. I have raised bronze corys from pulling the eggs out. I successfully grew out about 50 of them, they lay eggs all the time but I don’t pull them anymore. I never even thought that’s what this Cory could have been doing. I should have thought of it because she was pretty round compared to my other 5.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Top Bottom