Cory Laying On Bottom Of Tank All Day

alynavi

I have 2 albino corydoras and 1 of them has been lying on the bottom of the tank for at least 15 hours now. He's still alive, and I gently moved my net towards his bum to see if he'd move and he did, he swam a tour of the tank and returned to the same spot to lie down. Yesterday I noticed a fungal infection on one of my platies so he's in a separator and I've dosed the tank twice now with 10 ml of Pimafix (20 gallon tank). I also put a total of 1.5 two of Nutrafin Freshwater Aquarium Salt yesterday, having read that that may help fight infections. I read that you should put 1 tsp per 5 gallons or something but I didn't want to risk anything and I know that corys are sensitive to salt. My other cory is still happy as can be and even came and snuggled the other one for an hour or so. I'll only be getting a new test kit on Monday to check my parameters, but my ph hasn't changed and my ammonia reads as "safe" on the Seachem Ammonia Alert.

Attachments

• 15555425009633699590.jpg
    15555425009633699590.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 104

Evee

I have 2 albino corydoras and 1 of them has been lying on the bottom of the tank for at least 15 hours now. He's still alive, and I gently moved my net towards his bum to see if he'd move and he did, he swam a tour of the tank and returned to the same spot to lie down. Yesterday I noticed a fungal infection on one of my platies so he's in a separator and I've dosed the tank twice now with 10 ml of Pimafix (20 gallon tank). I also put a total of 1.5 two of Nutrafin Freshwater Aquarium Salt yesterday, having read that that may help fight infections. I read that you should put 1 tsp per 5 gallons or something but I didn't want to risk anything and I know that corys are sensitive to salt. My other cory is still happy as can be and even came and snuggled the other one for an hour or so. I'll only be getting a new test kit on Monday to check my parameters, but my ph hasn't changed and my ammonia reads as "safe" on the Seachem Ammonia Alert.

Hi, I don’t have an answer, but I am not sure adding the salt was a good idea, Corydoras and salt don’t mix, I know you already know that but just saying. Hopefully you can get the kit to check the water soon. I hope it gets better.

alynavi

Hi, I don’t have an answer, but I am not sure adding the salt was a good idea, Corydoras and salt don’t mix, I know you already know that but just saying. Hopefully you can get the kit to check the water soon. I hope it gets better.
Yeah I figure it would be either that or the Pimafix, but I just added them to the tank 2 days ago and have heard that they are a quirky species so I'm not sure if something's actually wrong or not. I want to do a water change to get rid of some salt but I'm only on day 2 out of 7 for the Pimafix treatment and am only supposed to do one after 7 days. Maybe I'll just do a tiny gravel vacuuming without changing too much water... like 10%?

alynavi

1.5 tsp* of the salt, sorry. Autocorrect.

Evee

Yeah I figure it would be either that or the Pimafix, but I just added them to the tank 2 days ago and have heard that they are a quirky species so I'm not sure if something's actually wrong or not. I want to do a water change to get rid of some salt but I'm only on day 2 out of 7 for the Pimafix treatment and am only supposed to do one after 7 days. Maybe I'll just do a tiny gravel vacuuming without changing too much water... like 10%?

You should, water changes are one of the best things to do when you are not sure about the parameters of the water. It could be stressed out too. I hope someone who has a lot of experience with corys have a good answer for you. ❤️ The little guy is too cute tho, crossing fingers is nothing bad.

DoubleDutch

What are yoy feeding them? It looks quite skinny. Also : Does it have a place to feed / scavage other than the gravel it is on at the pic ?

alynavi

You should, water changes are one of the best things to do when you are not sure about the parameters of the water. It could be stressed out too. I hope someone who has a lot of experience with corys have a good answer for you. ❤️ The little guy is too cute tho, crossing fingers is nothing bad.
He’s all back to normal now ☺️

Evee

He’s all back to normal now ☺️

Yayy that is very good news!!! Makes me happy.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rgtx
  • Question
Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
Replies
Views
Milbocrawley
Replies