Cory Keeps Floating up

1. Marc M Member Member

Hi all. I just added 3 peppered corys to my 10 gallon with a female betta. I immediately noticed the smallest of the 3 seems to keep floating upwards. He corrects himself but then floats again. Any ideas what is wrong and what can be done? Thanks

2. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

How long did you take to acclimate them to the tank? What exactly are your water parameters; ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? What is the temp? Corys can be sensitive to water quality. He may be weak, not as healthy as the others. I hope he pulls through. Do not add any meds or aquarium salt to the tank as they are sensitive to those things too.

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

with the rasboras too? is your info current? also, what do you mean by safe on your readings? what kind of test are you using?

Thanks! It'll be easier to answer your questions with more info.

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Marc. Sorry to hear one of your new fish isn't doing well.
    Keep us posted.
    Ken

5. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

As posted above, if you update your aquarium info it would be helpful for those who wish to help out.
    Hope your cory is better already

6. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Marc,

So sorry your cory isn't feeling well. :console: It could be a swim bladder issue. But till we can get more info, keep us updated.

7. patzee Member Member

I added 5 new albino corys to a tank about 6 months ago. Four did just fine. The fifth kept floating around and swimming upside down at the surface. I figured it was the swim bladder and just let him be. I didn't think he'd last very long. Well, now he is perfect and spawning with the rest of the group. I don't even know for sure which one had the problem! So I'd just wait it out and see what happens.