Cory ID

1. Mwh7

Mwh7 Valued Member Member

Just wondering what type of Cory this is. LFS didn't have it marked as anything specific. Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the horrible quality, they move so fast as you know

I personally thought they were Emerald Greens, but I could be wrong.

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Not 100% but looks like c. aeneus to me. Did you get more than 1? They're a shoaling fish so best to get at least 6 of the same species.

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like a quite thin Brochis Splendens

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It's really hard to tell from the pic, any chance of getting a clearer side on one? It'd help to see shape & colour.

5. OP
    OP
    Mwh7

I have three right now, and they're very small. Probably 3/4". I would've gotten more, but they only had the three.
    Here's somewhat better pictures for now. I'm going to try and get a better one. Coradee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DoubleDutch

You are focussing on the ornament.

I'd say one thin Brochis and two verrrry thin Peppered. But I dould be totall mislead by the quality of the pics.

Having a second look, the last ones could be even thinner Brochis as well.
    Can't see the dorsal and was puzzled by the spots (could be due ro the pic).

7. OP
    OP
    Mwh7

It's not in focus because they move so fast, and are shy. I also have the white substrate that overexposes the whole picture if it's focused on anything but the substrate. maybe if you weren't so critical of the quality of my images you would actually be able to tell me what they are.

8. Coradee

I know they're hard to get good pics of but the trouble with ID'ing them correctly is that there are subtle differences between several species of corys that can really only be seen if the picture is clear enough.
    I would say they're aenus but as DoubleDutch says they are very skinny

9. OP
    OP
    Mwh7

[​IMG]
    That's what I have.

10. Coradee

It is aenus

11. DoubleDutch

I am completely fooled by the pics hahaha. I thought the first one had a longer dorsal fin (think it's cause of the movement of the fish).

It's aeneus indeed suffering of what I call "algaewafer syndrom".
    They have been underfed / on a wrong diet for a longer time.

Please provide them with high quality protein food
    and fatten them up

And then : take some clear pics hhahahaha