Cory i.d.

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of cory this is? Bandit? Agassizi? He's all alone and loves to watch his reflection in the mirror at the back of the tank. Anyway, I'd like to get at least one more, because he spends more time in front of the mirror than the group of Pandas! Apologies for the bio-film!

lilirose

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think he might be a Corydoras pulcher- though I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert. There are several more rare species with number-names that resemble him on PlanetCatfish (sorry not to link but I think they are considered to be a competing site?). He looks like he might be quite young.

Cory cats are a very social fish and really should be kept in groups of six or more (more is better). If you can't get more of his species, you should get some more than are similar to him in coloration if you can- he's obviously looking for more like himself. :)

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think he might be a Corydoras pulcher- though I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert. There are several more rare species with number-names that resemble him on PlanetCatfish (sorry not to link but I think they are considered to be a competing site?). He looks like he might be quite young.

Cory cats are a very social fish and really should be kept in groups of six or more (more is better). If you can't get more of his species, you should get some more than are similar to him in coloration if you can- he's obviously looking for more like himself. :)
I'll check out the Pulcher and PlanetCatfish. When I started this hobby just a few months ago, I didn't know anything except that albino cories are cute, but I found some online that I liked better. I should have researched. I ordered 3 different ones. One was DOA, the other was supposed to be an Emerald and the other a Skunk. I received this mystery guy and a Panda! Grrrr. $35 for shipping! I know better now. I love them regardless! Thanks so much.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hmm these spotty ones fry my brain lol
My first thought is either C. kanei or C. atropersonatus

Edit: haha DD beat me to it

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Corydoras atropersonatus
I can't tell you how excited I am to find this out. That poor guy always hangs out with one Panda in particular (I believe) and I think that he's the Panda that came from the same seller. All my Pandas hang out together, but there is one that seems to stick to the atropersonatus moreso. May just be my imagination, but I really don't think so! :emoji_sun_with_face:

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom