Cory Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Landos, Apr 10, 2017.

1. L

Landos Well Known Member Member

Hi,

Today I woke up with one of my 8 corys bent on a leaf. He is still alive, but cannot swim very well.
    He has some sort of injury on his body, under one pectoral fin.
    I just tested the water and everything is fine 0,0,10. Thank is a 75g, temp at 77F

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

What is your stocking?
    I would put him in a hospital tank if possible to monitor him and to see how he does.

3. OP
    OP
    L

Unfortunately, he passed away. I have 7 denison barbs, 8 c102 corys, 2 sae

4. BeanFish

Oh, sorry for your loss, it did look bad, as if his spine was broken or so. Is it possible that the denison barbs spooked the corydora making it dart away and injure itself?

5. OP
    OP
    L

That's a possibility as those corys are always scared. My other corys don't care about me, they'll swim up to get white worms and eat from the tongs and don't even swim away from my hand.
    It looked like slash on his body. No idea what caused it

6. BeanFish

Maybe agression, while I have seen a lot of Denison Barbs in community tanks do great I have also red that they can get a lil bit agressive at feeding time. I know I have scared my fish more than once when turning on the lights if I get home late and while they dont crash and injure themselves they do dart away pretty fast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice