Cory Foods Without Copper Sulfate?

emmysjj
TexasDomer
Is there a reason you're looking for ones without copper? The copper isn't in high enough amounts to kill shrimp or other inverts.

mattgirl
I feed my corys Omega One shrimp pellets. I don't see copper listed on the label.

emmysjj
Thanks.

I might be doing snails. As long as I'm not feeding it to them will they be okay? What if they eat it?

TexasDomer
They'll be fine even if they eat it. Even snails need copper to survive; high concentrations will kill them though. The amounts found in fish food do not pose a threat to them. It will not hurt them if they eat it.

emmysjj
Oh, thank goodness. Just no meds with copper?

What food is needed for chilI rasboras?

TexasDomer
Well, even that may not be a hard and fast rule. No meds/chemicals aimed at killing inverts, but some meds may contain trace amounts of copper and be safe for inverts. If it says take inverts out, then do it, but copper seems to linger in the tank even after using carbon and doing water changes.

Any quality fine flake/tiny pellet/small frozen or live food is fine. I feed my Boraras a mix of blackworm flakes from Kensfish, Omega One flakes, frozen brine shrimp, and a very small pellet that's really a fry food.

emmysjj
Thank you so much!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
hmayes
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Top Bottom