Cory Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingsFishy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I went home and saw that my corys were acting weird. I saw them wrapping each other and doing something with the other cory's analfin ( I think ) And guess what, all of a sudden I saw an egg dropping out and it went right through my gravel and now I can't see the egg. What should I do? Will the eggs still hatch or will it get eaten?

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tell us more about the tank and stocking also tell us about the species.
Dwarf corydoras for example are easy to breed, they will lay the eggs and they will not eat them nor their babys (other fish in the tank will certainly eat them). However it is not the same for all corydoras.

SomethingsFishy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tell us more about the tank and stocking also tell us about the species.
Dwarf corydoras for example are easy to breed, they will lay the eggs and they will not eat them nor their babys (other fish in the tank will certainly eat them). However it is not the same for all corydoras.
I have 6 albino corys with a few colombian tetras in a 15g ( 24x12x12 ) There are some plants but and DW but the eggs plopped right into the gravel and disappeared. Should I take the pregnant cory out or keep her in the tank?

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I dont know about albinos but I dont think corydoras get pregnant. Most of the time they will just copulate and throw the eggs right after it. It is not like they breed and wait before throwing the eggs.
I would just let nature be, if you see corydora eggs on the glass take those out and put them in a separate tank. If they stop breeding you will probably have to get a breeding tank if you want to breed them.

SomethingsFishy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I dont know about albinos but I dont think corydoras get pregnant. Most of the time they will just copulate and throw the eggs right after it. It is not like they breed and wait before throwing the eggs.
I would just let nature be, if you see corydora eggs on the glass take those out and put them in a separate tank. If they stop breeding you will probably have to get a breeding tank if you want to breed them.
Okay It's my first time to actually see any of my pet laying eggs. I think there were eggs on a leaf a while back but looks like it got eaten. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom