Cory Eggs

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by SomethingsFishy1, Apr 9, 2017.

1. SomethingsFishy1

SomethingsFishy1 Valued Member Member

I went home and saw that my corys were acting weird. I saw them wrapping each other and doing something with the other cory's anal fin ( I think ) And guess what, all of a sudden I saw an egg dropping out and it went right through my gravel and now I can't see the egg. What should I do? Will the eggs still hatch or will it get eaten?

2. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Tell us more about the tank and stocking also tell us about the species.
    Dwarf corydoras for example are easy to breed, they will lay the eggs and they will not eat them nor their babys (other fish in the tank will certainly eat them). However it is not the same for all corydoras.

3. OP
    OP
    SomethingsFishy1

I have 6 albino corys with a few colombian tetras in a 15g ( 24x12x12 ) There are some plants but and DW but the eggs plopped right into the gravel and disappeared. Should I take the pregnant cory out or keep her in the tank?

4. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I dont know about albinos but I dont think corydoras get pregnant. Most of the time they will just copulate and throw the eggs right after it. It is not like they breed and wait before throwing the eggs.
    I would just let nature be, if you see corydora eggs on the glass take those out and put them in a separate tank. If they stop breeding you will probably have to get a breeding tank if you want to breed them.

5. OP
    OP
    SomethingsFishy1

Okay :) It's my first time to actually see any of my pet laying eggs. I think there were eggs on a leaf a while back but looks like it got eaten. Thanks for your help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice