Cory eggs what do I do???????

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Of course I leave the house and 5 minutes later the kids call and say the corys laid eggs...... I am having a hard time finding what to do now.  I have 2 female and 1 male peppered cory. They have about 3-4 groups of eggs in the tank. Do I have to remove the eggs?? Please help don't know what to do here..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cory eggs will hatch in 3-4 days if not eaten by the other tank mates. they are stuck to the glass with and adhesive and almost impossible to remove without damaging them.
Watch for them to hatch them siphon them out into another tank if you have it. Good Luck!!
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Carol, They are the only ones in the tank right now so I will just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again.. ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The eggs are the only ones in the tank? or the corys are the only ones? If the corys are in there and can be moved it would be much better. What kind of filter do you have? Cory fry are extremely tiny. I have three week old cory fry and they are just now big enough to take pics. keep us posted.
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Will the snails in the tank hurt my eggs??? I have removed the corys to my 55 and just left the eggs in the 10 gal. but it has snails.. do I need to try and remove the snails also?????

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure about the snails, you might try to move them
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok, Will remove snails. Now One last question, i hope....... Do I need to keep the tank dark or do I keep turning the lights on like Normal??? Thanks For your help carol...

Heidi

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would keep to my lighting schedule. How do the eggs look? still kind of clearish looking? sometimes with a magnifying glass you can see teh litle cory developing inside the kids would love to see that.
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
they look like they have orangish coloring in the middle, am going to look for a magnifying glass now. will let you know what i see..

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Some of the eggs are white, and some are still clearish... How do I tell when they have hatched?? Will I be able to see the babies??

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ooopps forgot to add that I removed parents from the tank, most of the snails from the tank and also most of the gravel from the tank so they don't get hurt or stuck in it.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When they hatch you will see timy little tails sticking out of the shells wiggling. This is the stage called wigglers or you may see some on the bottom wiggling or swimming around.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom