Cory Crazies? Kitty Crazies. Funny

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by LeBreevee, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LeBreevee

LeBreeveeValued MemberMember

So I own both cory catfish and cats. And I have found a very odd similarity.

They both have random odd bursts of energy at the most random times.

There will be times when my cories are chilling and resting, then all of a sudden the whole school goes crazy and starts to dart around the tank and play with their reflections.

My cats do similar thing, like one moment they will be sleeping, and the next they are randomly darting from one room to the other for no reason whatsoever.

Has anyone else experienced cory crazies?

2. Kathryn Crook

Kathryn CrookWell Known MemberMember

Not with fish off hand, but shrimp! Yes! And not the males just looking for love, but the babies. And my dog does too. i call them the zoomies! Hehehe

3. OP
    OP
    LeBreevee

My shrimp get the crazies when they sense food, They start running along the surface water. Then they try and drag an an entire cory wafer half their size across the tank.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    LeBreevee

@Jafa
    Have you seen cory crazies?

5. Brian Knowles

Brian KnowlesValued MemberMember

Our green corys and our pictus does this regularly. So much we named the pictus "Phsyco"

6. OP
    OP
    LeBreevee

That is adorable! Active fishies usually mean happy fishies. I just think its funny that my catfish and cats have more then wiskers in common.

7. Ridge Chambers

Ridge ChambersValued MemberMember

one of my corys tried to jump out of the tank yesterday for no apparent reason. scared me half to death.

8. OP
    OP
    LeBreevee

Ive never had a cory try to jump except for when I just got them and they were freaking out and one ran into the lid of the tank.

Maybe he wanted some fresh air?

9. Deku-Cory

Deku-CoryValued MemberMember

Cories are Labyrinth fish, meaning they occasionally surface to gulp air. (Betta fish do this as well.) Usually it's pretty quiet, you may hear a splashing noise or a sort of dull popping sound. But sometimes they decide to be SUPER loud about it (especially during spawning) and they make a really loud pop when they surface, it's startled me a few times before!

10. OP
    OP
    LeBreevee

I was told mine as a species will most likely not spawn due to them likely being wild caught.
    I have c102 or leopardas cories. Still a debate going on about that. They were sold as false julii but upon posting them on here some of the in the know cory people informed me I had aquired something a bit more rare.