Cory Choices For 20 Gallon Long Tank

Photobelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am doing a fish in cycle in my new 20 long. I currently have 3 platies, 1 Molly and 2 snails. I have 2 filters running (ac 30 and aqueon 10). It has black sand with some plants and also so fake decorations. I plan to add a school of small fish. I am undecided between glo danios or neon tetras. I definitely want some cories but I am undecided on what type. We like active fish (3 yr old boy and 1 yr old girl like to watch them). The pygmy cories are very cute but I think they are more mid level so I don't know about that with a school. I also like the habrosus which are very similar but seem more bottom dwellers, but at the store they weren't as active as the pygmy. Then I also think the panda and albino cories are adorable. Any suggestions on which to go with? Any ideas for other fish to stock my tank with? We also plan to get some shrimp.

Photobelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kristian Acevedo said:
Pandas and Habrosus together absolutely
They will school together? How many of each would you get? I want aboanot school and don't want to overstock to much

puffer boi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Photobelle said:
They will school together? How many of each would you get? I want aboanot school and don't want to overstock to much
no they wont.
you should only do one speices.

Kristian Acevedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Photobelle said:
You could do 6 of each species, pandas get around 1.5 inches, though my females are much closer to 2 inches, and Habrosus only get between .75-1inch, most of the ones i’ve ever seen aren’t even at the 1 inch mark

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom